Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I do this with coppermine?  (Read 4008 times)

finalbeta

• Coppermine newbie
Can I do this with coppermine?
« on: November 28, 2012, 08:36:45 pm »

Every few months we go on a trip with a group of people.
After the trip we want to share the pictures in an easy way.

I want to set up a gallery website where I create a vacation. Under that vacation each registered user can (if he or she wants to) upload pictures.
I however do not want to allow all users to upload into one "folder". I would like a logical structure like:
Vacation 1\Pictures of user1
Vacation 1\Pictures of user2
etc.

I do not want to allow users to upload/remove pictures of each others album. I would also like users to have it easy. Meaning they don't have to create an album themselves and they can just select that they want to upload their pictures of "Vacation 1".

In the end I want users to be able to download the album of other users in a zip file.

Can I do this with coppermine? (Or how close can I come)

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Can I do this with coppermine?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 10:07:11 pm »

We currently do not have such a granular permissions system. It is possible but users would have to create their own albums but that really is just a couple of clicks.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Can I do this with coppermine?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 09:10:22 am »

I think you have two possibilities:
1. "Vacation 1" is a category and "Pictures of user x" are albums. You can now choose to create the albums in advance and change the ownership to the corresponding user (there's no interface for that in cpg1.5.x, you have to do that manually in your database), or (as Phill already said) the users create their album themselves.
2. "Vacation 1" is an album where all users upload their pictures to. If you want to see "Pictures of user x" you can use a meta album which displays just the pictures of a specific user.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.