Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Backup database with no cpanel access?  (Read 4022 times)

anne2489

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Backup database with no cpanel access?
« on: November 10, 2012, 04:17:56 pm »

Hey Phill,

I am in the same boat, and would appreciate any help you can offer.  No access to cpanel, I do have admin right (although not sure whether it covers everything - b/c a consultant set it up and may have limited my rights.)  also, I will try the proposed solution in the meantime but feel like the same thing will probably happen to me.  Thanks in advance for any help!

anne2489

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Re: Backup database with no cpanel access?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 05:31:44 pm »

Hi
I download the 1.5 plugin and tried to upload the zip file using plug in manager, but when I try to upload nothing happens. Any help in figuring this out is greatly appreciated.  I can't use method 2 because I cannot access the cpanel on the hosting company site.  Thanks in advance for any help.

anne2489

• Coppermine newbie
Re: phpMyAdmin plugin for cpg1.5.x
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 06:40:42 pm »

Posting here also regarding plug in installation to plugin manager on coppermine gallery.  Need to backup gallery from the gallery as I have no access to host company's web server.  When I try to upload zip file to plug in manager, don't get error, but nothing is there - almost like the action is being ignored.  Any help appreciated.  Thanks in advance

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Re: phpMyAdmin plugin for cpg1.5.x
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 12:18:01 pm »

When I try to upload zip file to plug in manager, don't get error, but nothing is there - almost like the action is being ignored.

There are two pre-requisites though:
  • PHP running on your webserver needs zip support - not all webservers have zip support enabled.
  • the script needs write permissions within the plugins folder.
If you fail to fullfil those two pre-requisites, this simple method (upload interface) won't work for you (i.e. you will get error messages when trying, or the plugin will even simply fail to work without an error message at all).

I have no access to host company's web server.
Some hosting companies have their own PHPMyAdmin installation. Maybe you can use that one. If not, please ask your hosting company how to backup your database (of course you also need to backup your gallery files!).

anne2489

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Re: phpMyAdmin plugin for cpg1.5.x
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 01:44:09 pm »

Hi Andre! Thanks for the reply.  I was able to get the plug in uploaded, but unfortunately it went to ftp site under our existing host for which we have no access to c panel.  Is there any way to back up this gallery without using cpanel?  or are we out of luck and have to recreate.  I asked this on another thread where Phill told someone in a similar situation that he might be able to recover the gallery and was hoping that he would see the post and offer to help us.  Happy to tell you all the circumstances which let to this unfortunate situation via PM.  If you go let me know whether there is anyway to back the gallery up without having access to the host's c panel, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Backup database with no cpanel access?
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 10:10:59 am »

I just splitted your posts from existing threads and merged them to one topic. Next time, please don't double post nor hijack threads. Thanks.

Is there any way to back up this gallery without using cpanel?
To backup your whole gallery you need to backup the files and the MySQL database. Usually you maintain your files via FTP and access your database via a web-based tool like phpMyAdmin.

I was able to get the plug in uploaded, but unfortunately it went to ftp site under our existing host for which we have no access to c panel.
Erm, sorry, what? ??? You upload the phpMyAdmin plugin successfully to your Coppermine gallery. So you should now have access to your MySQL database, right?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.