Support > cpg1.5 language

Greek characters display

(1/1)

rossoneri711:
I recently moved to a new server, and i am trying to transfer all my coopermine installations to the new server.

My versions on the old server are 1.4.25 and are working fine.

I followed the procedure in the move/upgrade, either by keeping the old version or upgrading to 1.5.20.

It seems that the procedure worked, except language problems.

The database that i exported from my old server, is in utf-8 and displays the greek characters corretly in the tables.
When i import that database though to the new server, the greek characters are displayed in the database tables ok, though in the frontend of the website i get "?????????????????????" instead of greek. If i try to rename an album in greek, it displays the newly greek name correctly on the frontend, though it is entered as "σσσδδσσδσ" in the database.

I just cant seem to pinpoint the problem in order to solve it, and i need your help. Thank you in advance.

rossoneri711:
anyone guys? really need some help here

Αndré:
Try to add

--- Code: ---$CONFIG['dbcharset'] = "utf8";
--- End code ---
to include/config.inc.php (see also http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,49620.0.html)

rossoneri711:
thank you very much!!

you saved me a lot of time!

cheers!!

Αndré:
Please

--- Quote from: Joachim Müller on September 28, 2008, 12:46:26 pm ---tag your answer as "solved" by clicking on the "Topic Solved" button on the bar at the left hand side at the bottom of your thread.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version