Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can No Longer Move Groups of Images to New Album After Upgrade  (Read 31827 times)

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Re: Can No Longer Move Groups of Images to New Album After Upgrade
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 04:05:05 am »

Upgrading would be best.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

afrunti

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2013, 04:28:14 pm »

We've completed the upgrade and it did not fix my problem about admins and members being able to edit their pictures.  It still only shows us one at a time.

Please help.

Andre, I have you as an admin in our gallery.  Can you check for me.  I can PM you the log in info if you don't have it.

thanks for your help.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2013, 04:47:18 pm »

I just logged in as admin and regular user. As admin, I can see the edit files button and can select different albums to move each picture. As regular user the edit files button is still not displayed, for whatever reason. If I manipulate the URL manually, the form is displayed as expected.

To investigate this further I'd need either a dump of your database (you can skip the users table as it contains the password hashes - I don't need it) or access to your galleries files and database (FTP, phpMyAdmin). You can send the dump / data to my known email address.

afrunti

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2013, 05:00:38 pm »

sending you all the info Andre.  but, as admin I still cannot see the files to edit.  As admin, the edit files button is there and I can move pictures from one album to the next, but I can only do one at a time, where I used to be able to view all (as I choose 25) at a time.  so, I'd see all the files I uploaded to one album and from there, I could scroll down to each thumbnail image and choose another album. 

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2013, 05:14:13 pm »

I used to be able to view all (as I choose 25) at a time
This is maybe a misunderstanding. Do you change the album for each picture separately and after you submit the form the changes are just applied to the first album or do you expect to choose the new album for all pictures just once? Please try to describe exactly what you want to accomplish.

afrunti

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2013, 05:30:18 pm »

Ok.  Example

I have 30 albums.  Each album is titled with a name. 

Album one is Alana
Album two is Joan
Album three is Andre :)

etc, etc.

Then I accidentally added 100 pictures to album Alana in error.

Now I want to go into album Alana and see all my uploads and move the last 100 of them to album Andre.  I used to be able to scroll down seeing a thumbnail of all images in album alana and then I'd click a dropdown of album names to move to the correct album.  I'd click the dropdown, then go to the next image and so on and so on.  when I got to the last image on that page, which was 25 because that's where I set it, I would then hit 'submit' and all the 25 images were at once movedf to the correct album.  Now I can only see one image at a time.

I have a visual tutorial on this on my forum that I can point you to if I'm still being unclear.  If so, I'll email you the link to our forum page describing to our members how to do this.

thanks

afrunti

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2013, 07:10:03 pm »

Andre, I want to clarify one thing I said. 

When I said "I used to be able to scroll down seeing a thumbnail of all images in album alana" I want to clarify that it was all images "I" uploaded.  Not other members.

Except for admins, registered members should have control of moving their images only and when they see all uploaded images that they uploaded to one particular album over the past few years, that's where they should be able to move them all from the same page, still setting each one at a time to the correct album but not submitting until they've changed them all.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2013, 11:54:23 am »

Now I want to go into album Alana and see all my uploads and move the last 100 of them to album Andre.  I used to be able to scroll down seeing a thumbnail of all images in album alana and then I'd click a dropdown of album names to move to the correct album.  I'd click the dropdown, then go to the next image and so on and so on.  when I got to the last image on that page, which was 25 because that's where I set it, I would then hit 'submit' and all the 25 images were at once movedf to the correct album.
That's exactly how it it supposed to work, still works in my gallery and also works in your gallery for me, at least with the test admin account. Example link: http://bonanzaboomers.com/gallery/editpics.php?album=2
Please note that you, as admin, always see all pictures in an album, not just those you uploaded yourself.

Is this what you're looking for? See attached screenshot how it looks to me.

I have a visual tutorial on this on my forum that I can point you to if I'm still being unclear.  If so, I'll email you the link to our forum page describing to our members how to do this.
Please do so. I assume you're using the wrong form.

Regarding the user issue I'll perform some tests now.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2013, 12:21:46 pm »

The edit files button for registered users isn't displayed in your gallery, as USER_ADMIN_MODE is false in your gallery.

From include/init.inc.php:
Code: [Select]
define('USER_ADMIN_MODE', USER_ID && USER_CAN_CREATE_ALBUMS && !GALLERY_ADMIN_MODE);
From bridge/udb_base.inc.php:
Code: [Select]
define('USER_CAN_CREATE_ALBUMS', ((int)$USER_DATA['can_create_albums'] || (int)$USER_DATA['can_create_public_albums']));
Coppermine currently doesn't set USER_ADMIN_MODE to true, if a user isn't allowed to create either private or public albums. To fix this issue in your gallery (actually, I already fixed it temporary), there are three possibilities:
  • Set USER_ADMIN_MODE also to true if USER_CAN_UPLOAD_PICTURE is true. I haven't checked the side-effects, so that's maybe no good choice for the cpg1.5.x branch, but a general change could be considered for cpg1.6.x.
  • Add an additional check to the function album_adm_menu.
  • Currently Coppermine always checks for the current permissions of a user, regardless if he already owns an album or not. I have to check if this is intended and how this is handled in the rest of the code. If we remove the check for USER_ADMIN_MODE in function album_adm_menu (connected with some re-arrangement of the other conditions), a user could always main the album he owns.
(consider this list as a reminder to myself).

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2013, 03:07:20 pm »

Check for USER_ADMIN_MODE remains for now as. Display of edit files button next to public albums if user isn't allowed to create albums, but can upload files, has been fixed in SVN revision 8545.

afrunti

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2013, 07:13:42 pm »

Thank you Andre.  The way it is working now is actually better than what we had before.  As each member views the gallery, they see the edit button right there next to each album.  That's perfect!

We never had that edit button before unless we uploaded something and we used to have to upload a picture just to get to see the edit button for all our uploads in one album.

So it's working now the way I want.  Do I have to do something or is it already done?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2013, 08:21:20 pm »

So this thread is finally solved, hopefully. Actually the final fix which I committed to our SVN repository is slightly different from what I applied at your gallery. I'll apply that fix probably next week to check if everything still works as expected in your gallery.

afrunti

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2013, 04:57:37 am »

oh my gosh, I think this thread is finally solved, yes.  I will continue to test but it's looking good.  Actually, it's looking great!

I will not touch anything.

thank you.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.