Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem understanding this step: "Upload all files onto your webserver"  (Read 5118 times)

rjs

• Coppermine newbie

Newbie here and confused by all the web terminology, host, server and so on.

I think that part of my problem is that this project began out of reading "Linux Bible" Chapter 24 on LAMP where Coppermine is an example.  I followed the instructions therein instead of Coppermine's installation instructions.
I used Bible's edition 2007. I don't think any changes were made to later editions.

Those instructions did not include the step "Upload all files onto your webserver" where as I understand things
"files" here refers to my Coppermine Folder which is /var/www/photos/.  This is a task to be performed by
Filezilla but I'm not sure how to fill in Host, Username, Password, Port.

I'm not sure I've provided all necessary information that you need to help me.  If I have to guess what you need
then that could ramble on into several paragraphs; so please, let me know what additional information you need.

Let me finish by saying that there is a step in the Bible's instructions that I don't understand and that does not
seem to me to correspond to any step in Coppermine's installation instructions. 
I'm guessing that this step is related to the previous discussion.
In this step I created a file /etc/apache2/conf.d/vhosts.conf whose contents are as follows:
NameVirtualHost *:80
<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerName www.galleriarjs.com
   #ServerName www.example.org
   #ServerAlias web.example.org
   DocumentRoot /var/www/photos/
   #DocumentRoot /home/rjs/public_html/
   #DocumentRoot /var/www/
   #User rjs   
   #Group rjs
   DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.htm
</VirtualHost>
then I restarted Apache2 with this command  $ sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart.
The system responds by telling me this:  NameVirtualHost *:80 has no VirtualHosts.
The sharped out lines are the Bible's original text.
This file, actually its entire folder, is "Included" in the file /etc/apache2/apache2.conf,
which I think is the master configuration file.

Anyway, I don't know what else to tell you at this point.

Thanks, we're lucky to have a forum like.  Randy

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

You need to transfer the Coppermine installation files to your webserver, e.g. via FTP. We don't know what's running on your server and also cannot tell you the correct user name and password combination. Alternatively you can download and extract the Coppermine files from the shell.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.