Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to enable keywords & custom description fields for guest uploads?  (Read 4798 times)

vivadangermouse

• Coppermine newbie

Hi there. I use Coppermine to host a small photography competition in conjunction with another forum, which allows guest users to upload their entries to an album for each comp.

When I was using 1.4.12 guests could use the custom image description fields but since upgrading to 1.5.20 they're not visible in the upload page and I can't for the life of me figure out how to make them visible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: How to enable keywords & custom description fields for guest uploads?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 05:19:05 pm »

If you allow guests to upload files to your gallery, they won't be able to add file details. This feature has been disabled as it's not possible to identify the user without fail (see thread). Additionally it may attract spammers to add textual content to your gallery. If you want to enable that feature anyway, find Coppermine's configuration table in the database and change the value of allow_guests_enter_file_details to '1'.

vivadangermouse

• Coppermine newbie
Re: How to enable keywords & custom description fields for guest uploads?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 11:23:28 pm »

Cool that did it, thanks.

What are the chances of having this field as an option in the config page in a future version?

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.