Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installed in root of website, do I need to re-do?  (Read 2567 times)

shellig

• Coppermine newbie
Installed in root of website, do I need to re-do?
« on: September 13, 2012, 02:49:48 pm »

I installed Coppermine into the root of my website (I hate folders).  Apparently, the Coppermine application is now the default when I type in my website name.  Do I need to uninstall and install in a folder?  I may just leave it for now as moving files around when multiple people are uploading is problematic.
It would all be fine if albums did not need to be a SUBFOLDER of the Coppermine folder and the folders people are uploading into were not SUBFOLDERS of that folder.  Hard to maintain.
If what I said about the requirement for subfolders is not the case, PLEASE let me know as that would solve a lot of problems.

If I need to uninstall and reinstall into a folder to see my normal website content and have the Coppermine albums available, please let me know that too (and I think that should be more clear in the instructions...).
Thanks!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

pols1337

• Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Installed in root of website, do I need to re-do?
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 03:12:04 pm »

I do believe most people create a /gallery folder specifically for Coppermine and then upload all of the Coppermine files to the /gallery folder.  This way, your gallery will be located at http://mywebsite.com/gallery and you can have another nice Index page as your primary landing page for visitors.

I don't quite understand the hassle from having the "albums" folder as a sub-folder of Coppermine, but hopefully it's not a big problem for ya.  In my not-too-technical opinion, having an orderly structure for all files is a good thing.  Mixing picture files and albums with Coppermine admin files might cause a lot of confusion. 

Hope this helps :)

Joel / pols1337
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.