Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: form token error on editpics  (Read 2430 times)

Singular

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • A Singular Creation
form token error on editpics
« on: September 13, 2012, 05:47:55 pm »

Hello all,

I can't replicate the error so I am not 100% sure when it occurs, but a few of my users have reported the issue. It seems to occur after the user uploads several images and then gets to the editpics screen. The images save; however, when they click the "apply changes" button to submit the form, they get an error (ERROR - A valid form token could not be found) and none of the data saves. This can be a problem since users spend a great deal of time keying in data for all of their images, only to have it not save. The last user who reported the error uploaded 33 images and was using ie9. i am not sure if it is browser erlated (I doubt it) or if it has to do with time spent of form. Can someone offer some advice. My php knowledge is very minimal.

Gallery: http://www.asingularcreation.com/Gallery/
Test User: artguy
Password: test1234

thanks so much for your time,
Joe

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Re: form token error on editpics
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 04:20:39 am »

Worked for me but I only uploaded two photos with details.

Try this
http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/configuration.htm#admin_general_form_token_lifetime
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

Singular

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • A Singular Creation
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 04:31:27 am »

Thanks for your reply. It is frustrating because I can not replicate the error either. But I know it is happeneing. Just do not know what is causing it. I will read over the documentation you provided.

If anyone else has had any experience with this happening, please share your thoughts.

all the best,
Joe

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 10:11:53 am »

If anyone else has had any experience with this happening, please share your thoughts.
There are already several similar threads. If you want to reproduce it yourself, have a look at your form token lifetime value and wait at least that time on your editpics page before you submit the form and you'll also get that "error". Solution is to increase the value.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.