Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cpg15x creating duplicate tables, not converting old ones  (Read 4660 times)

drlaudio

• Coppermine newbie
cpg15x creating duplicate tables, not converting old ones
« on: September 10, 2012, 03:14:53 am »

I saw a couple of similar posts about similar problems, but haven't found an answer as of yet.

I upgraded from version 1.3.5 to 1.4.27, then upgraded from 1.4.27 to 1.5.x

In BOTH instances, when I ran the upgrade.php file, it created new tables in my db as it should, however, it didn't move anything from the OLD tables into the NEW ones.  It just created new BLANK tables.  Nothing actually converted, or updated, or moved.  So my new updated photo gallery has ZERO photos, and ZERO galleries.  They're all still in the OLD tables in my database.  How do I get Coppermine to copy the photos, galleries, and info from the old 135_ tables to the new 15x_ tables?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: cpg15x creating duplicate tables, not converting old ones
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 10:01:49 am »

Obviously you haven't followed the upgrade docs, as Coppermine doesn't create new tables nor change their name or move something between them during an upgrade. The reason is probably the same as in the other threads: you re-installed the new Coppermine version, because you probably deleted include/config.inc.php, thus being automatically redirected to the installation form.

From what you said your data still resides in the cpg1.3.x database scheme. So please read and follow the docs (first upgrade to cpg1.4.x, verify that it works as expected and then to cpg1.5.x).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.