Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing themes - Error: The selected album/file does not exist!  (Read 2970 times)

jmorlan

• Coppermine newbie

Using 1.5.20 and when I change the theme while viewing a photo I get "Error The selected album/file does not exist!"  Changing themes only works when viewing a gallery.  I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong, so I checked on the Coppermine DEMO and I get the same error when I attempt to change themes while viewing a specific image.  The option to change themes is there while viewing images, but it doesn't seem to work as expected.

Please advise.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Changing themes - Error: The selected album/file does not exist!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 03:38:19 pm »

Please post a link to your gallery.

I checked on the Coppermine DEMO and I get the same error
The theme list at the Coppermine demo is not part of Coppermine, but an external script.

jmorlan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 11:21:47 pm »

I think I've figured out part of the problem.  It seems that there was an issue with the administrator having access to albums which were in the *no category* category after upgrading from 1.4.x to 1.5.x.  Moving the album to to the *My gallery* category and making me the owner of the album seems to have fixed the problem.  It is now possible to change themes while viewing individual images. 

However, this seems to have changed the description of the albums to guests.  I'd prefer to have those albums back in *no category* as they were before the update.  How do I give the administrator full access to all albums in the *no category* category?   It was working in 1.4.x Can that be done in 1.5.x?

This is the URL to our gallery:  http://www.westernfieldornithologists.org/gallery

Thanks. 

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 10:01:13 am »

Please move at least one album back to the root category (no category), so we can have a look what's going on ourselves.

jmorlan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 11:27:51 pm »

Okay, I moved the three albums (2 invisible) back to *no category*.  However I no longer can upload photos into the main public album when it's configured that way.  It says I don't have permission.  Actually it allows me to upload photos, but when I hit "continue" to write captions, is when it says I don't have permission.

Please advise how I can get full permission back.

Thanks.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 09:23:16 am »

I wasn't able to reproduce the issue in your gallery. I switched the theme both from the thumbnails page and the intermediate-sized view, works as expected for me. If it still doesn't work for your, please post what you do step by step.

it allows me to upload photos, but when I hit "continue" to write captions, is when it says I don't have permission.
Sounds like that issue, although it seems to be set correctly in your gallery. However, we have a strict "one question per thread" rule.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.