Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Userpics sub folders  (Read 2771 times)

mearnscc

• Coppermine novice
Userpics sub folders
« on: September 06, 2012, 01:06:20 am »

Having recently upgraded from 1.4.25 to 1.5.20 I noticed that since this uploads are being put into Sub Folders within the Userpics Folder, named 1001, 1002 etc where 1001 is admin and 1002 is my personal login, the others I am not sure about but I'm guessing maybe wrongly that they are listed in numerical order relevant to the order the Members registered. From reading the 1.5.xx documentation Uploading section it mentions this within the high level description. Can I ask if this is a new feature added since 1.4.25? I ask because prior to the upgrade all of the images were uploaded into the Userpics folder, which as crazy as it may sound suited how I ran things. If it cannot be reversed then fine, I'll live with it.

http://mearnscameraclub.co.uk/copper/index.php

mearnscc

• Coppermine novice
Re: Userpics sub folders
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 01:37:41 am »

OK I have read a bit further and established the "silly safe mode" option which prevents the uploading into separate folders, I'm guessing this was enabled in my previous config but its not carried over to my 1.5.20 config or it wasn't an option in 1.4.25. I know posting different topics in threads is frowned upon but I think this may be connected to my original query as my members had noted they were getting a permissions error after pressing "continue" when they uploaded and at the same time they were logged out, although the image appeared to upload, the error read;

File: /var/www/vhosts/mearnscameraclub.co.uk/httpdocs/copper/editpics.php - Line: 113

Logging back in took them right to the detail page of the image they just uploaded. However the error appears to only happen once and I'm guessing again that once the members sub folder has been set up it did not happen again.

Apologies if my query has wandered a bit and if this should now be in the Uploading section.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 09:23:12 am »

That's no new cpg1.5.x feature, but already existed in cpg1.4.x (not sure if it also existed in earlier versions). The folder name is calculated 10000 + USER_ID.

mearnscc

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 10:31:43 am »

Thanks for clarifying that André, I guess I must have had it ticked in my old config. Any ideas about the error message? I couldn't see it in the list of typical errors in the uploading section.

Thanks again.

mearnscc

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 05:40:10 pm »

Thanks Andre, I had already said I knew posting multiple questions was frowned upon but the two questions were linked to the same issue I thought and I also said I could not find reference to the specific error in the typical errors problem.

Since I posted I have not had any issues in uploading or been notified of any errors by members so hopefully its settled down and thanks for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.