Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Extra Security tips for Coppermine ?  (Read 2554 times)

Wolfseye

• Coppermine novice
Extra Security tips for Coppermine ?
« on: August 31, 2012, 10:23:13 am »

I have been using CPM before, but not really detailed or long. Now I am back and using it for the Gallery, but don't really know all the possible things to know about how to secure it properly. As with every CMS, Forum Sofware or whatever other script, there are usually some extra infos how to secure it a bit more, just in case.

Can you please tell me what are the most important things to know about CPG and security and what I can do, if necessary, to improve it ?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers

Wolfseye

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Extra Security tips for Coppermine ?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 01:42:02 pm »

Most of it is in the docs. By far the top thing is to make sure you are always up to date with your software. If there is a new release of any script it is for a reason. Most updates for any script are for security. While all coders do their best to make any ascript secure there will always be another coder trying to find ways of breaking it. Fortunately there are a huge bunch of talented people out there keeping an eye on these things and helping seal the holes.

Coppermine is in its current form very secure. We very rarely hear of a hacked installation (at least an up to date version). Obviously all the usual rulles apply with regards to file permissions but for all that information you are best reading the docs and other online repositories.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.