Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Access to private albums  (Read 5813 times)

stanley77

• Coppermine newbie
Access to private albums
« on: August 07, 2012, 07:14:56 pm »

I am building a site for a friends photography bushiness and recommended Coppermine since I have used it years ago on another site. She wants clients to have access only to private galleries/albums. With some trial and error, I have private user albums that only the user can see which is great except the admin account does not have access to it at all. I have searched the forum prior to posting and see others with similar problems, but no real solution given.

Is it possible to have private user albums that the admin has access to and the admin is only one allowed to upload?

Thanks

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Re: Access to private albums
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 09:32:55 pm »

The easiest solution I can think of is using the Album can be viewed by setting.
Create a group for each set of members you want to have viewing access to a particular album.
http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/albums.htm#album_prop_controls_album_can_be_viewed_by
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

stanley77

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Access to private albums
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 09:55:09 pm »

Thanks Jeff, that is what I was thinking, create a user group for each client and have an album set specifically for that group. If that client has other family or friends that may want to view those photos then they can register and be added by the admin to that client group. Just thought I would ask to see if there was something simpler I am missing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.