Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: problems with converting wordpress 2011 theme to coppermine  (Read 26353 times)

trevorpenfold

• Coppermine novice
Re: problems with converting wordpress 2011 theme to coppermine
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2012, 09:20:40 pm »

To anyone else, besides Jeff, who is following this thread and think they can help with a couple of issues remaining...

So far....As you can see, Jeff has had a HUGE input in helping me with converting the wordpress twentyeleven theme to work with/'skin' the coppermine gallery.

However, as mentioned in my post of Nov 12th, there are a couple of thigs I just can't seem to fix, namely:
what I've tried to do but totally failed with, is to decrease the filmstrip width from 816 to 616 or thereabouts, so that it apprears to sit within the 'content' container - at present it escapes. I've put it in under film and element.style, but it won't work - I don't think I've labeled them correctly, so would appreciate it if you could look at this?

The other problem that I just can't fix, is that my portrait thumbnails are always left aligned, whereas the landscape ones are centered. I've spent hours trying to work it out with Firebug, but it all says center aligned already, and it doesn't change no matter what I put in it!!

If anyone thinks they may know of a solution, or perhaps can see if I've written the css correctly or not, I'd be really grateful!

Thanks!

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2012, 09:24:43 pm »

I've already posted possible solutions to those problems in
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,75280.msg364527.html#msg364527

The filmstrip doesn't escape for me. Find this in theme.php and try adjusting.
Code: [Select]
$CONFIG['max_film_strip_items'] = 4;

The thumbs in the flimstrip are half controled by the function theme_display_film_strip and by displayimage.js, remove float: left; from the inline styles.

The width of the filmstrip is controlled by how many thumbs are in it, AFAIK there isn't a way to change that with out breaking the filmstrip navigation.

I'm still willing to help, I just won't be making any builds of the theme.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

trevorpenfold

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2012, 09:34:11 pm »

Hi Jeff,

sorry, I misunderstood. Thanks for the fixes and I'll work on them soon and only post here if I can't sort it.

just to mention re: the filmstrip:- I have tried reducing the number of t/nails right down to reduce the width of the background 'strip'. but it stays the same - and that's the bit of css that I can't fix. But I'll be re-looking at it in a week or so, and sometimes a fresh look does the trick!

Cheers.

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2012, 09:38:41 pm »

$CONFIG['max_film_strip_items'] = 4; is located near the top of the theme.php, it overrides your actual config settings.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.