Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bridging the other way around  (Read 5089 times)

nighteyes

• Coppermine newbie
bridging the other way around
« on: July 22, 2012, 02:11:47 pm »

i've been searching this for some time, but its seems very hard to find. lots of people use their own user dbase and bridge that to coppermine, but i would like to do it the other way around.

I managed to find something here:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,45376.0.html

But this seems to be made for for 1.4.x. will this work for 1.5.x?

What i would like to do is take the usermanagement from coppermine and extend it to the rest of my site. if i could somehow detect the currently logged in username and/or password that would be great. Even better would be if i could move or at least duplicate the login process to another part of the site.

Now i'm not entirely new to php and programming in general, but the way coppermine is coded is way more advanced then my humble skill level, and i'm a bit lost in figuring this out.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: bridging the other way around
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 12:39:26 pm »

If you include include/init.inc.php to your custom sites, you'll have all information you need (e.g. the populated constant USER_ID):
Code: [Select]
define('IN_COPPERMINE', true);
include('init.inc.php');

Alternatively you can also rebuild the authentication process (i.e. query Coppermine's database).

nighteyes

• Coppermine newbie
Re: bridging the other way around
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 11:50:15 am »

couldn't get it to work with :include('init.inc.php');

After long puzzling i have managed to use an existing auth.inc.php for version 1.4.x, en succesfully converted it to 1.5.x.

many thanx to  Jordan Coffey for the original.

I've included both the original and my version.

problem solved.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.