Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uploading videos error  (Read 15313 times)

Jeys

• Coppermine newbie
Uploading videos error
« on: July 29, 2012, 04:18:39 pm »

Hello all!
I have just installed the gallery [yesterday] and it is absolutely great I must say! It was what I have been searching for! I warm gratitude from me to the whole developer team!
Now, onto the problem at hand though. I saw that I can upload videos, so I tried, but I am either getting IO or 500 error, based, I suppose, on the formats I am uploading. Now, today I installed a plug-in - this one - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,62704.html and so, I managed to upload an flv file of size ~3 MB. I tried uploading a bigger one ~200 MB but it gives me the 500 error. I did increase the size requirement via the configuration.
When I try uploading a MP4 file, it gives me the IO error. That being from the batch uploader.
I tried the single file upload and it redirects me to the db_input.php page giving me the error 500 and if it is the IO error it redirects me again to the db_input.php page, but then saying I have no access to the page.
I have tried other formats like .avi and .wmv but with the same result again.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Uploading videos error
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 11:01:36 am »

I assume the files you want to upload are bigger than your server's restrictions:
Max size for uploaded files (KB)

Any file with a file size larger than this value will be rejected by the coppermine script. Setting this option to a higher value than what is actually supported by your webserver will only result in "funny" webserver error messages in lieu of "regular" coppermine error messages. Therefore, it is recommended that you set this value to a size that is slightly lower or equal to the max file size that your server is set to handle. The actual size your server can handle cannot be determined by Coppermine (or any PHP script) - when in doubt, contact your webhost.

Prior to an FTP upload of files, it is recommended that the admin use their imaging software to resize (individually or by batch processing) larger files to a more practical size. This will facilitate the FTP process and the creation of intermediate pictures and thumbnails.

So either increase the server limits or use the FTP + Batch-Add feature.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 03:20:49 pm »

Personally I would not recommend using videos of that size on your own host. It will really eat up bandwidth and hard drive space etc.

May I suggest you use the excellent plugin created by Andre - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,60195.0.html

This allows you to host your videos elsewhere such as with the superb Vimeo site and place them remotely in your CPG gallery.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Jeys

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 11:17:49 pm »

Ah, thank you for the suggestion Mr. Luckhurst, I do acknowledge that, but nevertheless I have my reasons to be uploading them to my own server.
I did try the FTP + Batch-Add and it worked out great! Thank you for your help!

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 03:38:08 am »

Please:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,55415.msg270631.html#msg270631
Resolve your threads
If you have found an answer to your question, resolve your thread. Don't just post "I have found the answer", but tell others what you actually did to solve your issues. Posting a link to the page where you found the answer might help. Describing what you did might help as well. Finally, you can tag your answer as "solved" by clicking on the "Topic Solved" button on the bar at the left hand side at the bottom of your thread.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.