Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion for Coppermine Website: Modification Site similar to SMF  (Read 8139 times)

pols1337

• Coppermine frequent poster

Dear Andre (or whomever),

I have a quick suggestion for the Coppermine website (coppermine-gallery.net).  You should think about listing your plug-ins like the SMF Mod Site: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/

It's a much cleaner and more organized method of tracking mods.  Right now with Coppermine, I'm so afraid that if a new version is officially uploaded I'm going to miss it because there's no way of getting notified.  (Yes, I can get notified of *new posts*, but new posts usually denotes a user asking for help, not a new version being offered).  Lastly, it will encourage new people to offer modifications of their own by making it easier to see what mods are available in a structured, organized, and clean layout. 

Joel 

pols1337

Re: Suggestion for Coppermine Website: Modification Site similar to SMF
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 12:59:02 am »

/bump

You all really ought to present your plugins like SMF.  Right now, the display of Coppermine plug-ins via another forum thread is atrocious  :-\

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 01:14:35 pm »

Time is the big problem here. For such a small group of us maintaining such a repository is time consuming to say the least. We are always looking for new people to volunteer and join the team but sadly getting people to give up their spare time to do what in many cases is a mundane task is not easy. We would love to have a big development team and a big website team but that is just not going to happen.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

pols1337

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 08:45:14 pm »

Well hopefully the format similar to Simple Machines Forum will make it cleaner and easier to administrate for both plug-in owners and board owners.

Also, regular users like me don't know how to help out, or what we can do to help out.  Maybe you start an official "Volunteer" thread?  You have a massive membership base.

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 09:46:30 pm »

Well hopefully the format similar to Simple Machines Forum will make it cleaner and easier to administrate for both plug-in owners and board owners.

Trouble is, although there's various downloads systems available in the shape of mods and portals for SMF, I doubt they'll be as good and powerful as the custom built one simplemachines.org uses. ;)
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

pols1337

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 11:32:06 pm »

I thought they were using one of their off-the-shelf plugins; I didn't realize that was a custom mod.  It's a beautiful mod.  I would tell you to steal it, although that's totally not in the spirit of open source software.   ;)

On another completely unrelated note, you all should totally run your own webhosting service for Coppermine.  Sort of like how Wordpress.com is their free / paid blogging and hosting service and Wordpress.org is their software.  Other examples are JAlbum and Piwigo.  Apparently you all get paid too well in your other jobs to consider this, heh
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.