Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pictures not displaying on initial page load...  (Read 2554 times)

nellygrl

• Coppermine newbie
Pictures not displaying on initial page load...
« on: July 11, 2012, 01:51:23 pm »

Hello!

I just upgraded my gallery to the most recent version of coppermine and I'm having an issue and I'm not really sure where it stems from.

The problem is that I created a new album and uploaded photos to it. All the thumbnails display, but when you go to the intermediate page, the larger picture has the X icon like the image is a broken link. I refresh the page, and then it shows up. Then I click on the intermediate image to view the full sized image and the same thing happens. I get the X symbol. Then I close the full size view and click on the intermediate image again, and then the picture displays.

Does anyone know what the issue could be here?

My gallery is located here: http://onedirectionconnection.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=158

~Noelle

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Pictures not displaying on initial page load...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 02:08:34 pm »

Works as expected for me (tested with Firefox 13.0.1).

nellygrl

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 02:20:53 pm »

The issue is intermittent, sometimes occurring and sometimes not, but it mostly occurs when you try to open the full sized image.

And maybe it's a Chrome issue if it was working for you in Firefox because I checked on two computers (using Chrome) and the problem happened on both...

nellygrl

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 02:22:55 pm »

See, this just occurred.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 02:25:42 pm »

I assume it's rather a web server issue (probably intended by configuration) than a client-side issue. I noticed that some full-sized images have been loaded just partly at my first try. I don't know if your server or my crappy internet connection caused that behavior. As you said, sometime it works, sometime not. But I always got at least a part of the full-sized image and always the complete intermediate-sized image.

nellygrl

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 02:27:57 pm »

Thank you for your input. I'll try contacting my host then.

Thanks!

pols1337

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 09:39:25 pm »

Andre has more experience so he's probably more correct in suggesting that it's a web service problem.

You can also maybe try going to Admin tools > remaking the thumbnails if you think the thumbnails / intermediate pics simply don't exist.  (Another way of checking is to navigate through FTP to the albums folder, and manually check if the thumb_# and normal_# files have been created).   

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 08:59:39 am »

I just tested it again. Sometimes the intermediate-sized and full-sized images load as expected, sometimes they load just partly. If I refresh the page, they're loaded completely. It's just an assumption that your web server resets the connection, as I cannot exclude my internet connection for sure.

You can also maybe try going to Admin tools > remaking the thumbnails if you think the thumbnails / intermediate pics simply don't exist.  (Another way of checking is to navigate through FTP to the albums folder, and manually check if the thumb_# and normal_# files have been created).   
The files definitely exists, so that won't change anything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.