Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Return to Forum / Caching  (Read 2561 times)

grizzz

• Coppermine newbie
Return to Forum / Caching
« on: July 10, 2012, 01:10:41 am »

Greetings and my apologies if this has been asked and answered before....

I just installed CPG and installed the bridge to SMF 2.0.2.  I added a button on the forum, and all is launching just great from the forum, however once I am in CPG and hit logout, I am logged out of both the Forum as well as CPG.  If I log back into the forum, I am taken directly back to CPG UNLESS I Ctrl-F5 to clear cache and load a new page first.

Did I miss something?  I know my users are going to freek right out with.  I am not much of a programmer, so if you can really dumb down any technical I sure would appreciate that.

If that is the way it works, then fine, but there there then away I can either reassign the home button to go back to the forum or add a button to return?

The forum is at:  http:\\cmc-victoria.com/forum065
Credentials:
u/n: Bennie
p/w: Motorola

Thanks in advance

-grizzz

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Return to Forum / Caching
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 08:41:56 am »

once I am in CPG and hit logout, I am logged out of both the Forum as well as CPG.
That's intended, as you're only logged in at your forum.

If I log back into the forum, I am taken directly back to CPG UNLESS I Ctrl-F5 to clear cache and load a new page first.
That's probably a feature of your forum.

assign the home button to go back to the forum or add a button to return?
Both can be set easily at Coppermine's configuration panel.

grizzz

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Re: Return to Forum / Caching
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 10:27:33 am »

That's intended, as you're only logged in at your forum.

That's not not true at all.  The bridge logs you into CPG so therefore you are logged into both

That's probably a feature of your forum.

That also sort of not true as it is not a 'feature' but found out it is due to the improper logout of the forum because CPG is actually logging you out (again solidifying my answer above)

Both can be set easily at Coppermine's configuration panel.
I was able to make the home button go back to the forum, but how do you add another button in the Config panel?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 10:43:33 am »

how do you add another button in the Config panel?
http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/configuration.htm#admin_theme_custom_lnk_name
http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/configuration.htm#admin_language_custom_lnk_url

The bridge logs you into CPG so therefore you are logged into both
Call it as you wish, but Coppermine just uses the existing forum login. So it's just one (shared) login, wish is used for both your forum and the gallery. Thus, if you logout in either your forum or your gallery, you'll be also logged out in the other one.

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 10:52:22 am »

I was able to make the home button go back to the forum, but how do you add another button in the Config panel?

See if this helps  http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,70193.0.html
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

grizzz

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Return to Forum / Caching
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 04:55:18 pm »

Thanks lurkalot and Andre.  This was the solution that was missing.

Lurkalot, a special thanks to you.  When trying to troubleshhot (or assist a neophite like me), sending a person to the right section makes it so much easier.  The neophite will learn more rather than sending him on a wild goose chase and not knowing what it i he is supposed to find.

None-the-less, we have solved my issue and I appreciate the help from all.  Thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.