Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Empty content areas in album list view—"No image to display"  (Read 2350 times)

Korben Dallas

• Coppermine newbie

Hi everybody,

I have several albums in my gallery which don't contain any real image files, only linked files. In these albums the content areas created by "random" and "topn" remain empty showing "No image to display".

Does anybody have any idea how to fill these ugly empty areas with images? I guess, my best starting point of changing this behaviour would be the routine that creates the list of random or top-rated pictures respectively.

But before I delve into the depths of coppermine code: Perhaps there is someone out there who can give me a clue…

Thanks a lot.
Korben.

btw: The gallery is at http://www.horst-rave.de/cpg/

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Empty content areas in album list view—"No image to display"
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 08:35:30 am »

So you want to display the linked files in that blocks, right? As far as I know such a modification doesn't exist yet (at least none that has been created for cpg1.5.x). The meta albums are built within the function get_pic_data. Depending on your solution, you'll probably also have to modify get_pic_pos. The easiest solution may be to adjust $RESTRICTEDWHERE in get_meta_album_set somehow, but I haven't checked that.

All mentioned functions can be found in include/functions.inc.php.

Korben Dallas

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 12:44:22 pm »

Right. Thanks for your quick reply. Nice to know that apparently nobody cared about this behaviour so far.

I'm gonna hack my way thru functions.inc.php. What about telling the developers? Is that a feature or a bug?

Thx.
Korben.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 01:24:23 pm »

Is that a feature or a bug?
It's the way how it works. I haven't checked the docs if there's anything related regarding categories that just contain albums with linked files. Usually the meta albums doesn't care about linked files, so it's rather a feature than a bug.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.