Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theme Curve rounded corner - color-mistake(?) after adjusting space on top  (Read 7836 times)

eita

• Coppermine novice

Based on a guide in another thread I adjusted the space above the gallery in order to make it look as my forum (SMF - theme Curve). Worked perfect  :).
However I see one small issue it would be great to do something about. Searching the forum and reading the documentation didn't give me the answer. I'm sure it is here, but my understanding simply is not good enough.

Don't know it it means anything, but I use the latest CPG, bridged with SMF. In the gallery: cmpfetch, Slider plug-in and EnlargeIt plug-in. No trouble with anything.

Link to my CPG: http://bestregion.net/cpg15x/

No big deal, but would be nice to fix it. Is it possible (without coding skills)?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

You'll have to edit themes/curve/images/main_block.png. Please attach your modified file if it works as expected.

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.

Looks fine to me, in IE9, Chrome, and Firefox. 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 10:20:24 am by lurkalot »
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

It won't look fine if the space above the gallery raises. Additionally, it also doesn't look fine if there's just little gallery content. Have a look at all four corners in my screenshot.

eita

• Coppermine novice

Thank you for responding  :).

I use IE9 too, lurakot, but I understand this doesn't have to mean too much as long as the differnce as as clear as it is? Maybe the screens shows different?

I tried to make some adjustment in the main_block.png as you said, Andre. I only have Paint to use...and absolutely no idea about how to use it. But some place one must start, eh?
What I did was dirty, no doubt about that. Also it is far from perfect. I only tried on the corners at the top, actually I cannot see the same problem on the bottom corners on my screen as I see at your picks from my gallery.

For all I know the adjustment I did looks even worse now, but from here it seems to be better than it was. It would be great to hear how it looks from when seen from other.

eita

• Coppermine novice

Now I am confused  :-\ because I looked at the gallery from my work PC today; not rounded corners at all! But using two different PC's at home, and trying both IE9 anf Firefox the corners are rounded.
If possible can someone please take a look and tell me the result from your side?

I don't know if I should have opened a new thread with this question? After all this is kind of a question number two. But on the other hand it comes down to the rounded corners and the adjustment of those, so...I don't know? Please, a moderator is of course very welcome to split or move if that is considered the correct thing.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

The rounded corners you refer to in your initial post are still just simple image files (actually, it's the same image file). Please post more details like the browser you used, which corners you mean exactly and attach screenshots. Your gallery looks still as expected.

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

The rounded corners you refer to in your initial post are still just simple image files (actually, it's the same image file). Please post more details like the browser you used, which corners you mean exactly and attach screenshots. Your gallery looks still as expected.

Andre, I was just going to mention browsers.  Some older browsers have problems with png images I believe.  This could possibly be the issue in this case.
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

Some older browsers have problems with png images I believe.
As far as I know there are just issues with transparency effects, but there's no transparency used to create the rounded corners.

eita

• Coppermine novice

I brought the company lap-top home today, using it now. The mentioned missing rounded corner goes for all four of them. Please see screenshot. Didnt think of it the other day, but obviously more than the rounded coners are missing here...the blue color normally starting almost on top of the gallery is also missing.
I can mention that the connection used on the work-computer is routed through company servers, dont know if that means anything?

But maybe just as strange: I have to test galleries set up, the one in question and also another. At this other gallery the corners are rounded and evrything seems to be normal.... please see screenshot from this gallery as well.

The browser on the work lap-top is IE8.

Link to second testgallery (rounded corners ok) http://bestregion.net/testforum/
Link to gallery without rounded corner/gallery mentioned in initial post http://bestregion.net/cpg15x/

eita

• Coppermine novice

I'm so very sorry...did a stupid mistake in the hurry  :-[; the screenshot showing normal rounded corner is not from my other testgallery at all. It's from a testforum.
The other testgallery looks exactly the same (color missing). 

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

eita, can you see your main_block.png image at this address?  http://bestregion.net/cpg15x/themes/curve/images/main_block.png

Or do you get a red X where the image should be?

eita

• Coppermine novice

I have a feeling you soon are going to tell me the reason, lurkalot  8).
*From my own lap-top I see the image perfect, using both IE9 and Firefox.
*From my work lap-top I only get the red X.

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

I have a feeling you soon are going to tell me the reason, lurkalot  8).
*From my own lap-top I see the image perfect, using both IE9 and Firefox.
*From my work lap-top I only get the red X.

Well actually I don't have the answer, but I do know some people have had problems getting png images to show in IE8, in fact I had a similar issue on my old PC running windows XP and IE8.

Let me google that for you. ie8 not displaying png images

You should hopefully find a solution somewhere in that search.  ;)

eita

• Coppermine novice

Thanks a lot, lurkalot, that was perfect. I have checked many of the links, so far it seems to conclude with a strict regulation from the companies side...almost all possible adjustment needs administrative rights. It is in vacation period here in July, not possible to reach any of the persons in charge of this. Guess I'll have to live with the fact that this is a problem, hopefully not many of the users to come will have the same problems with their PC.
I will continue serching for possible solutions both before, and if needed after, the people with administrative rights come to work in August, off course I will report it here if/when the solution is found.

CPF moderators/admins: Very sorry, it was never intended but now I suppose this thread now breaks with the rules about one question only. It just beecame this way, hope it not will be considered too seriously?

But about the original question, can someone please tell me if there are any difference in how the rounded corners look before and after my dirty adjustment? I understand that it looked good from the start for some - but others (my self, and André reporting here) saw the color-problem when I first posted the question. I would very much like to know if it got worse, the same or better? Guess it would be a good thing for all of you if this nagging of mine comes to an end and I can mark "solved" - to my own liking or not  ;).

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

I cannot see any difference expect that the top corners aren't as round as before. However, the color issue still exists, as the image still has hard-coded blue color at the "outside".
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.