Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do Guests login?  (Read 12484 times)

DebC

• Coppermine newbie
How do Guests login?
« on: June 28, 2012, 10:00:37 am »

I am very new to Coppermine and have no idea what I am doing!!  I have managed to upload a few albums and add new users but I would like guests to be able to access only the album for which I have set the password for the new user ie: I have posted a photo album for a client, I have added the client as a new user with a password so he can access the account but I would like his family and friends to have access without me having to create new users for them.  I would also like them to be able to comment on pictures (so they can order them).  How do I do this?  I have tried different things but I don't know and I can't find any details by googling it!!

It can't be this difficult!!  Help please!

Cheers,

Deb

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

DebC

• Coppermine newbie
Re: How do Guests login?
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 11:08:49 am »

Thankyou for the link, but it didn't answer my question.  how do they login? When they go to my login section on my website, do they enter their email address and the password to the gallery that I want them to see?  If so it doesn't work!!

So how do they access a clients gallery??

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 01:32:26 pm »

They need to enter either their email address or user name (depends on what you've set in the config) and their password at the login page. Your "question" is very confusing, I still don't get what the actual question is.

DebC

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 02:46:44 pm »

OK sorry, im not good at this and it shows!! 

In Gallery configuration under User Settings I can allow unlogged users (guest or anonymous) access.  I have enabled Yes: thumbnail, intermediate and full size image.

Where do I set the password for them?

As far as I can see I can only set a password to access a gallery when I click on Users and click on create new user. I click on Album can be viewed by - Members of Guest group, then put in the album password and hint.  I then click on update album and im sure.

But it doesn't stay like that it always reverts back to Album can be seen by Me Only.

So please tell me where I am going wrong!  This tis totally frustrating.  Do you understand my question now?  Please ask as many questions as you need, if I am not giving you the right details.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 03:00:59 pm »

Where do I set the password for them?
There are no passwords for guests, that's why they're called guests.

I can only set a password to access a gallery when I click on Users and click on create new user. I click on Album can be viewed by - Members of Guest group, then put in the album password and hint.
The album password and the user passwords are 2 different things. They're not related in any way.

But it doesn't stay like that it always reverts back to Album can be seen by Me Only.
That's intended behavior. Please read the docs.

Do you understand my question now?
I'm still not certain what you're trying to do.

Please ask as many questions as you need, if I am not giving you the right details.
For a start please post a link to your gallery, so we can get an idea how it is structured. Additionally, describe what's your goal, not what you're currently doing and what doesn't work as you expect. You should also read the docs, as already suggested.

DebC

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 01:50:10 am »

Thankyou for your patience!!

My website is www.debbiecollins.com.au

If you click on Login you will come to my client gallery page.  This is where I want my clients to enter their email address and password.  This will then take them to the page that has their album in it and they can access it.

I also want friends and family of that client to be able to access the album but I don't want to have to create a new user for each person who wants to have a look.  I would like them to be able to enter their email address and the password that I gave to the original client.

Is this something that is possible.  I have read the docs (not all of them obviously) but I haven't found a section that exactly relates to what I am after.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 08:32:33 am »

My website is www.debbiecollins.com.au
<!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.5.12 (stable)-->
Please upgrade to the latest stable release, currently cpg1.5.20.

This is where I want my clients to enter their email address and password.
I assume we're talking about already existing Coppermine user accounts here? I also guess that you want to create different albums for different clients, which will each see just a part of your whole gallery (i.e. just "their" albums)?

I also want friends and family of that client to be able to access the album but I don't want to have to create a new user for each person who wants to have a look.  I would like them to be able to enter their email address and the password that I gave to the original client.
Okay I think I got now what you're trying to do. In fact you don't want to create user profiles, but just want to have a way to limit album access to certain people. If so, you should just use the album password feature and drop the whole idea of user accounts and make the gallery itself accessible for guests.

Then you have two options:
1.) Hide all password protected albums
2.) Display all password protected albums

You have to enter the album password, regardless which option you choose (it's a config setting). If you hide password protected albums and your gallery contains just password protected albums, it appears empty by default. So you'll have to send the album URL and the album password to your client. With a growing number of clients and albums it may be confusing to display password protected albums, as clients may be confused while browsing your gallery.

DebC

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 09:34:52 am »

Ok I will have to ask my friend to help me install the upgrade as she was the one who installed coppermine to begin with.  Yes I want different albums for different clients and I agree that getting rid of user profiles and just using the album password feature sounds wise.  I still don't know how a guest gains access to the gallery? When you click on Client Login on my website it gives you the option to enter your user name and password, how do guests enter?  If I can work that bit out then hopefully I will be on my way!  I will not hide all password protected albums as it looks good for business and also the private galleries are only up for 2 weeks for clients to choose their photos.

Cheers, Deb

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 10:33:57 am »

I still don't know how a guest gains access to the gallery? When you click on Client Login on my website it gives you the option to enter your user name and password, how do guests enter?
You can set that either in the groups manager or in the config, see my first reply:
http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/configuration.htm#admin_allow_unlogged_access

DebC

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 02:09:01 pm »

Ok the Guests settings are all done (they were set that way by me earlier) and it would have been very helpful of you if you had said "Guests just need to click on Album List and they will be taken to another screen that has all of the albums on it!!!! Instead of redirecting me back to the link that says nothing of the sort!!  Really it is like pulling teeth to get a straight answer.  Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful to you for helping me but don't assume we are all wizards on these things.  It would be like me asking you if you, if you know the correct ISO, aperture and speed for a night shot!

Anyway I still have the problem that the album will not lock!  I set the Album Password and password hint and update it, under the Album Properties but it is still open and anyone can have a look.  Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong this time?  And truly I would love a straight answer please!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 02:33:06 pm »

It's not my fault that you link directly to login.php. It's Coppermine's default behavior to redirect guests without sufficient permission to the login screen (that's what I thought is happening). I haven't tested the permissions, as you directly asked for it. I just answered your question.

It would be like me asking you if you, if you know the correct ISO, aperture and speed for a night shot!
I'll skip that. Not sure if you really expect support with such an attitude.

I would love a straight answer please!
It's very hard to give straight answers without sufficient information.

the album will not lock!  I set the Album Password and password hint and update it, under the Album Properties but it is still open and anyone can have a look.
Which album? Please post a link to that album (e.g. http://debbiecollins.com.au/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=3).
I can see three albums in your gallery:
  • Test 1 (locked)
  • Stuart & Kelly (public accessible)
  • Moet (locked)

Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong this time?
You're probably still logged in as admin. I don't know, as you haven't said that.

DebC

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 03:08:14 pm »

Sorry tired and frustrated!!

I have clients waiting to view their photos and I can't post them until this gets sorted out.  Already the Stuart and Kelly album can now been seen by everyone as the guest login details were changed.  That album was created with a user name and password.

When I login as a guest and click on album list the Moet album and Stuart & Kelly album are unlocked.  I have put in album passwords for both of them but they won't lock.  I don't understand why you can see a locked album and I can't?

http://debbiecollins.com.au/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=12

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 03:25:47 pm »

When I login as a guest
Please, please read the docs to understand how Coppermine works and what the different terms mean. You cannot "login as guest", as guests are all users that are not logged in.

That album was created with a user name and password.
I don't know what you're trying to say. You can either login with a user name and password or set an album password (without a user name).

the Moet album and Stuart & Kelly album are unlocked.  I have put in album passwords for both of them but they won't lock.  I don't understand why you can see a locked album and I can't?
Maybe because you already entered the album password. Try to clear your cookies and the browser cache. If I say that the "Test 1" and "Moet" albums are locked for guests, you can trust me. However, the "Stuart & Kelly" is still accessible for everyone without a password. I don't know if this is intended, as you consequently ignore my question to tell us what you try to achieve. Instead, you always describe what doesn't work.

DebC

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 03:31:56 pm »

I have just changed the details on Kelly & Stuarts album, changed Album can be viewed by to Me Only, ticked Password protect the album, added album password and hint. clicked on update album, ticked im sure, clicked on submit changes.  Then I logged out as admin. closed the window, reopened a new window, went to my website, clicked on login, the album was locked, clicked on it and entered the password, then closed the window (is there a way to logout as a guest?) when I went back to my website and login the Kelly and Stuart album was accessible to all, it was not locked. 

Can you please check this for me!!  Does it have something to do with the fact that I had already accessed it on this computer? weird stuff like that happens im sure, or is something really wrong.  Ps the password for the moment is Love (case sensitive)
Cheers,
D

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 03:34:15 pm »

is there a way to logout as a guest?
No, see above.

Does it have something to do with the fact that I had already accessed it on this computer?
Correct. The album password is stored in a cookie. So if you want to re-check everything, clear your cookies (as already suggested).

DebC

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 03:44:41 pm »

Ok so I cleared my cookies, cleared my history and using Safari (which I have been doing the whole time) the results were the same, Kelly & Stuart were still open.  I swapped to Firefox and guess what!!  yep all three albums were locked!! I  entered the Stuart and Kelly gallery then exited out off all of it and cleared my history and went back to my website and surprise surprise it was locked again!!!!!

Hooray!!!!!  are you freaking kidding me, it was Safari playing with me the whole time!!!

DebC

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 03:56:35 pm »

Thank you so much for all of your help!!!  I have had a major crash course on how to use a computer and realise I need to learn the correct terminology if I am going to be able to fix things.  Hopefully this is going to work for me, and hopefully for you, you will never hear from me again  :-X  I thank you for your patience...Dx

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2012, 04:04:48 pm »

Please
tag your answer as "solved" by clicking on the "Topic Solved" button on the bar at the left hand side at the bottom of your thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.