Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A couple of things to ponder... I feel they're important admin controls  (Read 7346 times)

thecoilist

• Coppermine newbie

So, I love the software so far, however, coming from PhotoPost to Coppermine wasn't too complicated, however, the admin accessibility is a bit cumbersome.

1) I would like to be able to edit albums, categories, and files within one location. For example the admin panel would be the BEST place I think for that. Currently, it's set up so you have to go to your gallery page and make adjustments to said items through the page itself and not within the admin panel. For non-admin users that is okay.

2) It would be nice to do bulk/batch changes to albums. For instance, I want global albums created by the admin. This is accomplished by having to flip multiple settings in the config. Maybe simplify that? Not only do you have to flip a few settings in config, but you have to create an album, THEN go and edit the album so users can upload to it. The upload option should be built in when creating the album to save time.

Overall, I think there should be more global commands and controls to simplify the admin life.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

Valid suggestion, but probably a quite complex task, as I assume a lot has to be changed. Let's see if we can include it in cpg1.6.x.

thecoilist

• Coppermine newbie

It's been great so far, don't get me wrong. I just like to streamline as much as possible, especially with software that is so simple, yet powerful like coppermine. I've recommended it to several others this past week already. Great stuff!
Thanks

pols1337

• Coppermine frequent poster

I totally /support the idea of batch editing albums and some generic album properties, such as Title, Description, Viewable by, and Thumbnail.

I don't necessary agree with the interface being in Config.  Would prefer it stay in Albums, since that kind of makes more sense. 

You're actually working on a CPG1.6.x?   :o
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.