Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Userlist access then bridged to SMFv2  (Read 5604 times)

mitko

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • World of Lighthouses
Userlist access then bridged to SMFv2
« on: June 20, 2012, 08:11:38 pm »

Gents, i meet strange problem. I have gallery bridged with SMFv2. Everything seems work well, but if i try to open userlist in Coppermine (not in SMF) i have the error:
While executing query 'SELECT id_member AS user_id, real_name AS user_name, email_address AS user_email, date_registered AS user_regdate, last_login AS user_lastvisit, is_activated AS user_active, COUNT(pid) AS pic_count, ROUND(SUM(total_filesize)/1024) AS disk_usage, group_name, group_quota FROM `mitko_forum`.smf_members AS u INNER JOIN `mitko_photos`.cpg15x_usergroups AS g ON u.id_post_group+100 = g.group_id LEFT JOIN `mitko_photos`.cpg15x_pictures AS p ON p.owner_id = u.id_member GROUP BY user_id ORDER BY user_regdate DESC LIMIT 0, 25;' in bridge/udb_base.inc.php on line 230
mySQL error: SELECT command denied to user 'mitko_forum'@'web306.webfaction.com' for table 'cpg15x_usergroups'
I logged to MysqlAdmin panel as mitko_forum and try to execute same SELECT - everything is ok. Generally i have 2 databases - forum and photos, and 2 users - each has full access to both databases and each can execute this SELECT successfully. Any ideas?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Userlist access then bridged to SMFv2
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 03:17:30 pm »

That doesn't make sense to me, that the same query with the same user behaves differently in Coppermine and another application. The error message says that the user mitko_forum has no privilege to use SELECT on the cpg15x_usergroups table. Please double check that permission.

Additionally, if really both users have the same permissions you could try to use the gallery user for your forum and vice versa. If it fails they don't have equal permissions.

mitko

• World of Lighthouses
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 07:14:57 am »

Looks like i was confused by MySQL Admin access, i was very sure that applications using same users should have same access as in admin panel. But my hoster replied that
---
This is working normally. You may be able to see them both from mysql admin, however the application and gallery have separate username and passwords. We only allow one user access per database. By design the gallery username will get a access denied to the forum database.
---
So far i have 2 questions
1. Could this problem appear somewhere else except userlist? So far i didn't find any other issue.
2. Can i somehow indicate another user/password for this particular case?
Many thanks in advance for any help!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 09:00:10 am »

1. Could this problem appear somewhere else except userlist? So far i didn't find any other issue.
I don't know, but if I remember correctly we had already a thread with the same question somewhere in our boards.

2. Can i somehow indicate another user/password for this particular case?
Not sure if I understand your question correctly. However, if your MySQL users can only access one database, you have to the Coppermine tables to the same database as your board to fix any related issue.

mitko

• World of Lighthouses
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 09:34:56 am »

Understand, thanks Andre, as usial :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.