Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New category and thumbnails navigation  (Read 4495 times)

Cmaniac

• Coppermine novice
New category and thumbnails navigation
« on: June 07, 2012, 11:18:04 am »

What I'm suggesting is a new category navigation, with a transition, using AJAX/JS maybe or even better HTML5 if it supports something like that. Just like iPhone navigates through menus. That would be fancy, pretty fast and usable.

I operate a gallery that contains lots of subcategories (and others I believe), that would be a breeze and a major aesthetic upgrade for it.

The thumbnails view can be changed, too, so that we don't have to define as administrators the rows and columns, rather than that the gallery could decide that number, efficiently using the available width. The original height could be defined with a number of pictures (so that the servers don't get loaded) and with the user's scroll down beyond a height, more could be loaded (basically just like facebook) at a gallery operator defined value - let's say 25 more pictures.

The titles of the pictures could be available to the user on mouse hover on the thumbnail - if that is large enough (maybe more than a specified pixel width in the code) as a layer on it, if not as a hover popup, so that there will be no asymetries.

Difficult, it seems, but we're on feature requests. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.