Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Backup database with no cpanel access?  (Read 3879 times)

BabeandJamie4Ever

• Coppermine regular visitor
Backup database with no cpanel access?
« on: June 12, 2012, 06:43:36 pm »

Don't think it's possible, but am trying to explore all options for my friend. We are working to try and move this gallery along with the whole site to a new host:  http://ariel-gade.net/gallery/ The problem is we cannot access phpmyadmin or the cpanel at all to download a backup that way as the host http://elitefan.org has disappeared. They vanished with no warning so there was no chance to download a copy of the gallery, we can save the pictures manually, but its the database we're not sure on how to get. This website has been open since 2005, and to lose all of the gallery views and everything would be devastating. Do we have any other options in order to preserve everything and not have to start from scratch with the gallery?

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
Re: Backup database with no cpanel access?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 01:54:48 am »

Your friend has lost ownership of the name elitefan.org. That is the same as losing a telephone number, the location is still there, but can't be reached.

Contact the hosting company that had the old website (the hosting company) and the company that sold / provided the new address and have the new address resolve to the old hosting company. That normally can be done on line.

See / search for nameserver and once done, the gallery would come back and only need a few adjustments in Config.

Another solution would be to try to buy the name back from whoever now owns it.

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 09:28:31 am »

Just to add to Joe's advice above.  Please make regular database backups, it only takes a few minutes per week.  At least you'd have something to roll back to even if a few days old.  Same goes for the files, though this does take a bit longer to do.
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 12:41:01 pm »

Looks like the gallery is still functional, so if you have ftp access install phpmyadmin yourself. Alternatively there has been a backup plugin (as far as I remember).

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 04:59:39 pm »

We also have a phpmyadmin plugin available so as long ad you have admin access to the gallery you can easilly take a copy of the database - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,60908.0.html
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

BabeandJamie4Ever

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 06:48:05 pm »

Joe - The hosting company is elitefan.org the link above ariel-gade.net was my friends website. Unfortunately there is no way to contact the host as elitefan.org was the only way to contact them, thanks for your help though.

lurkalot - thanks. Once the site is moved will definitely be backing up often.

Stramm/Phill - Thanks for the plugin, downloaded it and tried using the plugin install feature through the admin of the gallery, but when the page is done loading it says no plugins are installed :/ Unfortunately when elitefan.org disappeared the ftp stopped being able to login.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 08:20:11 pm »

I will drop you a PM with some contact details. I am sure I can recover your database for you.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.