Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Couple Requests  (Read 5265 times)

twprogrammers

• Coppermine newbie
Couple Requests
« on: July 20, 2013, 02:05:13 am »

Ok, I have a multipurpose photo area on my site using Coppermine. I have public photos and private photos. I want to have the albums that are visible to the "Family" group to only be visible to the family group, so that it seems like the albums don't even exist until they login. Also I want empty albums and categories to be invisible on the main page, so it only shows up when adding an album or picture. This would clear up the clutter on the page and I would be able to move the private photo albums/categories to the top so that the relevant stuff is on the top.

Also, I would like it if you would add a way to get support without using sourceforge so people having problems with registration on the forums can get help. I did not receive my validation emails for about a week I guess. When I finally received them, I got them all at once. I had about 8 emails for these forums in my inbox! I check my email daily and I received emails from the other places I had registered for within 10 minutes, so it was a problem on your end.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Couple Requests
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 10:14:00 am »

The registration facility recently changed. Previously registration was complicated, we had 3 levels of spam protection and it did become a problem for users. It was also a problem for ourselves because we had to check every registration that was picked up by the spam filters and manually activate them if we thought it was genuine. This resulted in delays for some users. We had to go this route because every single team member was spending an hour per day just removing spam, we were getting hit that much.

SMF, the team behind the forum software have recently created a new spam protection extension and this is a lot easier for all our users as it is fully automated. Today I have spent the last hour testing the registration procedure and have registered numerous accounts using various email addresses including some disposable ones and some I have setup on my own servers just to test speed and functionality. In every case registration was as good as instant as it possible. We have been listening and have done everything we can to make the user registration experience as simple as possible.

Your other question in this post is a general support request as those features already exist. I am away from home at the moment with only an iPad and will split this thread and move to the relevant forum. on my return unless one of the other team members can pick it up.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

pols1337

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 04:52:36 am »

Ok, I have a multipurpose photo area on my site using Coppermine. I have public photos and private photos. I want to have the albums that are visible to the "Family" group to only be visible to the family group, so that it seems like the albums don't even exist until they login. Also I want empty albums and categories to be invisible on the main page, so it only shows up when adding an album or picture. This would clear up the clutter on the page and I would be able to move the private photo albums/categories to the top so that the relevant stuff is on the top.

Not sure if this will solve everything for you, but you can check / uncheck the following option in your Config:

Config > File Settings > Show private album icon to unlogged user

If it's unchecked, then the album will not appear.  If it's checked, then the album will appear, using a default icon of a locked album.  Hope this helps!

twprogrammers

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 07:49:44 pm »

Not sure if this will solve everything for you, but you can check / uncheck the following option in your Config:

Config > File Settings > Show private album icon to unlogged user

If it's unchecked, then the album will not appear.  If it's checked, then the album will appear, using a default icon of a locked album.  Hope this helps!

Better, but it still shows empty categories...

pols1337

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 05:26:00 am »

Ah yeah, that's right.  It'll show the category but just 0 files inside right?

Maybe this could be a fix for the next CPG release to completely hide the category name if all files inside are hidden. 

pols1337

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 05:28:26 am »

Also maybe you should move this request to Miscellaneous Support, since you're not going to get any 'official' support here from he developers

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 04:37:47 pm »

Next time please read our board rules and search the boards before starting a new thread in the wrong board for already solved issues.

it still shows empty categories...
Please have a look at that plugin: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,69444.0.html

Moving from feature requests to misc board.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.