Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipad Upload problem  (Read 5001 times)

anglefire

• Coppermine newbie
    • Disco3Club
ipad Upload problem
« on: June 04, 2012, 10:40:47 pm »

It would seem that a few of the members on the forum I admin for, still are unable to upload to the gallery via an iPad - using either teh simple or flash options.

Any ideas why?
Mark
Disco3Club Admin

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: ipad Upload problem
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 01:18:12 am »

The flash option will Ever work as the iPad does not support flash. Not sure how the file browser wors on an iPad. At a guess the single file upload system is unable to access the files in an iPad though I have not checked to confirm this. In all likely hood a lot of work would be required to me an iPad compatible version. Again, at a guess it ay e tat for security reasons an app is required to access fies on the iAd. Ave you seen any other galleries ta allow uploads via the safari browser on the iPad?
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 10:02:11 am »

In all likely hood a lot of work would be required to me an iPad compatible version.
IMHO it's the iPad's fault if it cannot handle simple HTML upload forms. That's a really basic thing but as I don't own any iDevice, I cannot check that. I assume it's a user error.

anglefire

• Coppermine newbie
    • Disco3Club
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 10:44:44 am »

I know about the flash issue Phil, but the simple version should work.

I've just tried on my iPhone and the choose file option doesn't become available once the upload location has been selected.

So, Andre, to asnswer your comment, its not user error. But is the iPad/Phone at fault.
Mark
Disco3Club Admin

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 10:51:25 am »

Hi Mark. 

As you know on my site, one guy had problems viewing the gallery on his iPad, but I've not had any reports that they can't upload.   They certainly can from their IPhone's without problem.

I notice you have both "Forum Runner" and the "Tapatalk" plugins running together now.  Were these members able to upload before you did this?

Maybe it's your custom theme.  you could try Andre's mobile theme, and the theme switcher plugin he made, and see if they work.  They can be found below.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,74828.0.html
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,74829.0.html
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,74827.0.html
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 11:20:27 am »

the choose file option doesn't become available once the upload location has been selected.
With "upload location" you mean the "select album" drop-down box, right? Please attach a screen-shot to your next reply.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 06:10:29 pm »

The select album option works but the chooSe file button does not become active after you select an album, it remains greyed out.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 06:18:33 pm »

This is not unique to CPG. For instance in joomla you cannot upload images. From what I understand this is by design on ios5. I think there is an iOS app called safari upload enabler that does what it says on the tin.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 07:47:18 pm by Phill Luckhurst »

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 07:02:27 pm »

That's what I assumed, as the "choose file" button is always active in the simple upload form.

anglefire

• Coppermine newbie
    • Disco3Club
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 12:20:03 am »

Thanks All, I've tried the different theme - and the problem still exists on my iPhone, so presumably does on the iPad too.

At least I can let the users know that the problem is Apple, rather than anything else.

Mick,

The gallery update seems to have introduced this problem - Tapatalk and Forumrunner (The latter has been running for some time, but had errors when posting - found to be an issue with another MOD, and sorted not long after I sorted the same issue with the help of Tapatalk support.) where installed at about the same time as the gallery update, so I don't know is the simple answer!

Mark
Disco3Club Admin

colorpad

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2012, 01:15:22 am »

On the iPad, I found that the "File Upload" field was not recognized by Safari.  I would like Apple to add the capability of doing a "file upload" to Safari on its mobile devices, so that all iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch users can do a file upload, too.

I found that using the Opera Mini web browser allowed me to display and access the "File Upload" field as you would expect.  Just download the free Opera Mini app and give it a try.

Marty
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.