Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cpg_1.4 With Issue – Upgread or Install cpg_1.5?  (Read 5888 times)

Straydog

• Coppermine newbie
cpg_1.4 With Issue – Upgread or Install cpg_1.5?
« on: June 01, 2012, 02:16:08 am »

Hello,

I transferred my domain. Before, I downloaded all five MySQL databases. I reinstalled them on the new host, changed the settings and all work as good as before except the one for Coppermine :(.

The issue is:
Fatal error :

While executing query "SELECT * FROM cpg14x_config" on 0

mySQL error: Table '[prefix]_cpg.cpg14x_config' doesn't exist

I found a /include/config.inc.php and changed settings like I did to the other working databases.

My questions are about what will be better, easier and more appropriate.
  • Repair the issue before upgrading (I will have to ask for help on another section of the forum)?
  • Upgrade and try to repair afterwards?
  • Make a fresh install and reuse all data? How?

In any case I will need help because of the issue. Also, it seems that help is no longer available for the cpg_1.4 version. What to do then, please?
The more I deal with people, the more I love my dog. - Oscar Wilde.

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
Re: cpg_1.4 With Issue – Upgread or Install cpg_1.5?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 09:03:45 am »

mySQL error: Table '[prefix]_cpg.cpg14x_config' doesn't exist

Are you sure that prefix is right?  The default prefix for 1.4.x  is cpg140_
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

Straydog

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 03:32:40 pm »

The quoted text was copied and pasted from the error notice to the post. After this, I replaced the general prefix given by the host to all databases of the same owner with "[prefix]".

When opening the database in phpMyAdmin, on the left column, under the dropdown menu with the database names, I can read "cpg14x_albms" and "cpg14x_banned".
According to what I read on /docs/index.htm, the database version is 1.4.11.

This is all I can say. Thanks for replying.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 05:15:30 pm »

I found a /include/config.inc.php and changed settings like I did to the other working databases.
Double check the
Code: [Select]
$CONFIG['dbname']row. Do you use the same user in phpMyAdmin and Coppermine?

Straydog

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 09:28:15 pm »

Do you use the same user in phpMyAdmin and Coppermine?
phpMyAdmin version 3.3.3 was pre-installed on the server when I moved in, so it has the same user and password as the host's control panel (cPanel), not the same as Coppermine's. I am sure because I can go directly through the browser using that logging data. I just checked to give you a correct answer.

$CONFIG['dbname'] =
has the same name as in cPanel. When I first installed it, a few years ago,  the name was automatically given by the installation, composed by [My domain username] + [domain name] + [cpg], the three parts connected with underline characters where I placed the + sign.

When I moved to this new host I just replaced the first of the three parts (my domain username) for all databases, and the others are OK. I also changed $CONFIG['dbuser'] = for Coppermine, but on cPanel it corresponds with its username.

To clarify lurkalot's question, there are these lines at the end of config.inc.php:
// MySQL TABLE NAMES PREFIX
$CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'] = 'cpg14x_';

Thank you André

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 04:21:17 pm »

Sorry but with all those blacked out data it's not easy to tell you what may be wrong. Please open the Coppermine database with phpMyAdmin (or your preferred database browser) and post a screenshot where we can see the database name and the Coppermine tables.

Straydog

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 12:02:18 am »

Sorry for the delay. I wanted to do try something before answering you. It was not long, but I couldn't do it before. I re-imported the original database file that I dumped from the ancient host. No way, I keep receiving the same errors whether accessing the directory where I used to have the photo gallery or admin.php.

I attached the MyAdmyn image as you asked. I hope this is the one you wanted. I only hope this can be repaired, because rebulding the photo gallery is a very hard and long work.

Thanh you for the help.

Straydog

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 01:25:30 am »

Sorry, I thought you might find any important information on the log created by phpMyAdmin when the file was imported. I forgot to add it to my last post and wanted to edit it, but I can't fins any edit button, strange, so I post it here.

Import has been successfully finished, 15 queries executed.

(coppermine.sql)

-- MySQL dump 10.9
--
-- Host: mysqldb Database: dbrestore06
-- -- ----------------------------------------------------
-- Server version 5.0.91-log

/*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@@CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */;# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).

/*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS=@@CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS */;# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).

/*!40101 SET @OLD_COLLATION_CONNECTION=@@COLLATION_CONNECTION */;# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).

/*!40101 SET NAMES latin1 */;# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).

/*!40014 SET @OLD_UNIQUE_CHECKS=@@UNIQUE_CHECKS, UNIQUE_CHECKS=0 */;# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).

/*!40014 SET @OLD_FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=@@FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS, FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0 */;# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).

/*!40101 SET @OLD_SQL_MODE=@@SQL_MODE, SQL_MODE='NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO' */;# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).

/*![...]

I find these "zero rows" at the end of the lines strange, but the file is 3 KB, small but not empty.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 08:23:05 am »

I re-imported the original database file that I dumped from the ancient host.
Obviously your dump is incomplete. As you can see, the cpg14x_config table (and a also lot of others) are missing in the restored database (and I guess they're also missing in the dump file). Without a complete dump or backup it's impossible to restore your gallery. If that's the only dump you have and your old database has already been dropped, you'll have to start from scratch.

Straydog

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 05:51:33 pm »

Thank you for helping André, and sorry for the wasted time. I am very unhappy, as you surely realise, because I have lost the work of years, and sll I have left now are the uploaded photos. In fact, I can no longer dump the database again. As I did the same with all databases and all the other were properly dumped and imported, I guess this was a phpMyAdmin failure.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 06:54:51 pm »

As your files are still available in the albums directory, you can either re-add them to the gallery or maybe (depending on your folder structure) use the MassImport plugin to create all categories and albums very quickly. Of course all settings, picture titles, comments, etc. are lost.

Straydog

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 09:58:12 pm »

Thank you very much for the tip. In this case I am not sure of what to do. Do you mean I have to upgrade or install the latest version on the same directory? Then add the plugin? I read the post, but my case is rather a rescue. I believe all directories and files to be intact, but not the database, as we have seen. So what Do I have to do? I am back to my question on my first post. I downloaded both and wait for your advice.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 08:51:40 am »

As you're starting from scratch anyway I'd suggest to upload the latest Coppermine release (currently cpg1.5.20) to your FTP server and move your albums with all its content to that new Coppermine installation. After successful installation and configuration (first of all you should adjust the picture (re)size options to your needs) you can either try to use MassImport plugin or create the categories/albums manually and batch-add your pictures to that albums.

Straydog

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2012, 03:04:13 am »

Thank you very much André for your knowledgeable help. I am going to follow your advice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.