Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Lost username  (Read 2775 times)

evilsmiley

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Lost username
« on: July 22, 2004, 03:27:12 pm »

I've had this image gallery set up for a while now, but haven't had to update it in a while either :), but now when I go to add new pictures, for some reason I was logged out, my username/password doesn't work, neither does the username/pw of the other admin account I set up.

Does anyone know how I can find out what the heck happened?

I created another account and it'll let me log into that just fine, but that does me no good without admin access :)

My gallery is located HERE in case you need to see it.

I really appreciate any help, as I don't want to have to re-install the gallery :) .
« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 09:39:34 am by GauGau »

evilsmiley

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Lost username
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 03:56:06 pm »

oh crap, after searching around, I realized I have version 1.2.1

Sorry, I posted in the wrong forum :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 04:01:46 pm »

use a tool like phpMyAdmin to directly browse the database. Navigate to your cpg_users table with it and look up what your password was, or reset the password as you wish. If your gallery has been hacked (chances are high, since you appear to use an improperly set-up theme and you claim you haven't modified it for a while), it is most likely that you haven't thought of passwords strong enough. You're encouraged to use non-trivial passwords with at least 8 chars that will stand a brute force attack a bit longer.

GauGau

P.S. You appear to be running cpg1.2.1, that's why I moved your thread from cpg1.3 support to cpg1.2 support. Please post in the appropriate board next time.

evilsmiley

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 04:14:52 pm »

wow, thank you very much, that worked really slick :)

now I just gotta figure out how to set up the theme better :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.