Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 part question from newbie  (Read 5510 times)

thedude

• Coppermine newbie
2 part question from newbie
« on: June 30, 2004, 11:34:59 pm »

Hello, my first post here.  I have a two part question on Coppermine.

A.  I currently use Coppermine for PHP Nuke for one particular collection of albums.  I wish to redesign the site and get rid of PHP Nuke and just use Coppermine 1.3.  However, I have several albums and photos already uploaded.  How can I presever the album structure and all photos contained in each album if I remove the site and install 1.3?  Is it a matter of just moving a folder, or will I have to recreate all the albums and then upload all the photos in to their corresponding albums again?

B.  I'm no expert on customizing Coppermine.  I wish to incorporate 1.3 in to my photography site.  However I want to strip away the registration link, top rated, most viewed links across the top as well.  I also want the bare minimum in terms of graphics.  I don't want people voting or providing comments.  I just want a simple display of albums and images.  Is this possible?  And is it difficult?

Thanks for any helpl.  Let me know if I need to clarify.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: 2 part question from newbie
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2004, 07:51:40 am »

1) Switching from "Coppermine for CMS" to coppermine standalone shouldn't be difficult. Create a standalone test install, make a mySQL dump of your tables cpg_albums, cpg_categories, cpg_pictures from your existing nuke install and insert the data from this dump into your standalone tables. The go to coppermine standalone config and change your "albums" and "userpics" path to point to the location your nuked albums and userpics currently reside in.
2) All this stuff can easily be configured by commenting those features out in themes/yourtheme/theme.php. SOme features even can be disabled in coppermine config (e.g. new user registration).
3) We have a "One question per thread" policy on this board. Makes tracking support requests easier for supporters as well as browsing the board by subject for other users. In the future, please do only post one question per thread.

GauGau

thedude

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 07:37:00 pm »

Thanks for the help.  I'll try that out.

I'll also keep the questions limited to one per post.

BTW, why can't I see my topic in the General Discussion?

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 08:18:57 pm »

You're probably just not looking down far enough.  There are a lot of stickies in the general forum.  You topic is there, that's how I read it.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

thedude

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 09:42:30 pm »

Sorry, I am new...that is a lot of stickies...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.