Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help With Using Coppermine As An Image Uploader For phpBB3  (Read 2234 times)

David B

• Coppermine newbie
Help With Using Coppermine As An Image Uploader For phpBB3
« on: July 05, 2012, 12:48:18 am »

Hello Coppermine Forums!

Recently, I installed Coppermine Image Gallery v1.5.20 on my website, and bridged it to my phpBB3 installation. My purpose of installing the image gallery was simply so users of my forum could upload images locally to my server, and would not need to rely on an outside image host. To make it unnecessary for the users to visit the photo gallery to upload the image, I would like to add an I-Frame to the text editor that would allow users to access the upload page from a pop-up I-Frame within the text editor. I would like to create a separate page that will have the upload form for the images. I would like the page to automatically process what album to upload the image. I would like the page to then show the user the URL for the newly uploaded image.

Could someone please do this for me?

Thanks in advance!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Help With Using Coppermine As An Image Uploader For phpBB3
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 08:42:11 am »

As far as I know phpBB is capable to upload (attach) images out of the box. Why don't you want to use it?

I would like to create a separate page that will have the upload form for the images. I would like the page to automatically process what album to upload the image.
Use as target something like the following URL: upload.php?album=123&theme=my_theme

The album parameter determines the album, the theme parameter let you use a different (light-weight) theme, if the default theme contains too much needless stuff.

I would like the page to then show the user the URL for the newly uploaded image.
By default Coppermine redirects to the newly uploaded image, but this could of course be changed. Alternatively you could use the Embed Code plugin to display pre-built BBCodes / HTML embed code.

Could someone please do this for me?
Should this thread be moved to the paid support board? Sounds like you want to hire a freelancer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.