Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This album is empty  (Read 5523 times)

PeteW1959

• Coppermine newbie
This album is empty
« on: April 12, 2012, 08:00:31 pm »

Not sure if this is the right sub-board for this; please move it if it isn't.

I have an album that I created as an admin, and batch-added some pictures to it. Everything worked as it should.

I then created a group and user, and following the advice in this thread I used the SQL statements for 'Adjust 1 album' and 'Adjust all pictures of 1 album' to change ownership to the new user. Checking in the database the owner_id for the gallery and it's pictures are now set to the new user.

When I then log in as the user, I can now edit the album, but if I go to edit files I get the message 'Album is empty'. I can go to the album and view the pictures as normal.

I added a single file to the album whilst logged in as the user, and I can now edit that one file but still not the original files. Comparing the entries in the pictures table in the database the original files and the new file appear to have all the same settings except the file path.

I checked the folder permissions as per the upload troubleshooting guide and they were all 755, so I changed them to 777 to eliminate that as a problem, but it made no difference (I have now changed them back to 755 as I don't like 777; too much of a security risk)

The whole use of Coppermine hinges on this. As the site webmaster I need to get the whole initial set up done with files uploaded before handing over to the individual users to carry on managing their own albums, but to achieve this I need to transfer ownership after uploading. I will also need to do the uploads on behalf of users sometimes, so again will need to change the ownership.

PeteW1959

• Coppermine newbie
Re: This album is empty
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 08:06:18 pm »

I have just noticed that now I have logged out as the user, logged in as admin, logged out again and logged back in as user that I cannot edit the new file I had previously added to the original album, but I can still edit files in the new album.

Very strange behaviour  :-\

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 03:08:43 pm »

Please check the config value http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/configuration.htm#admin_user_editpics_public_start

I guess it's currently disabled and assume it will work as expected if enabled.

PeteW1959

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 09:08:11 pm »

Thanks Αndré, that did the trick  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.