Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: email notification for comments  (Read 8065 times)

heavensportal

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • The Fantasy Attic
email notification for comments
« on: February 10, 2012, 06:55:25 am »

This is the code from the previous thread. I was going to respond there but it said to make a new post due to long length of replying to it...so

I tried this code but it does not seem to work with my forum...right now the gallery is 1.5.12 until I get this working then will update it to the current version. It is bridged with SMF 1.1.16, we may be going to SMF 2.0 soon but not quite yet.

Aside from it not showing the memberlist from the forum in the users area of gallery admin this code does not work for comment notifications either. It is a test forum so my members can get used to its look and way to upload so would like to get it working for when I upgrade from 1.4.27 to this new version.

Am I supposed to do anything/add code to SQL for this to work? or will it not work with SMF, normally no guests are allowed anything except to view images.

test gallery: http://thefantasiesattic.net/cpgallery/

Code: [Select]

$result = cpg_db_query("SELECT filename, title, owner_id FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_PICTURES']} WHERE pid = $pid LIMIT 1");
            $picture = cpg_db_fetch_rowset($result);
            mysql_free_result($result);
            if ($picture[0]['owner_id'] && $picture[0]['owner_id'] != USER_ID) {
                global $cpg_udb;
                $result = cpg_db_query("SELECT ".$cpg_udb->field['username']." AS user_name, ".$cpg_udb->field['email']." AS user_email FROM ".$cpg_udb->usertable." WHERE ".$cpg_udb->field['user_id']." = {$picture[0]['owner_id']} LIMIT 1");
                $owner = cpg_db_fetch_rowset($result);
                $title = $picture[0]['title'] ? $picture[0]['title'] : $picture[0]['filename'];
                $mail_body = "Your picture '$title' has received a new comment. You can see it at " . ' ' . $CONFIG['ecards_more_pic_target'] . (substr($CONFIG["ecards_more_pic_target"], -1) == '/' ? '' : '/') . $redirect;
                cpg_mail($owner[0]['user_email'], $lang_db_input_php['email_comment_subject'], make_clickable($mail_body));
            }

$result = cpg_db_query("SELECT filename, title, owner_id FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_PICTURES']} WHERE pid = $pid LIMIT 1");
        $picture = cpg_db_fetch_rowset($result);
        if ($picture[0]['owner_id'] != USER_ID) {
            $user_id_array[] = $picture[0]['owner_id'];
        }

$result = cpg_db_query("SELECT author_id FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_COMMENTS']} WHERE pid = $pid AND author_id != 0");
        while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) {
            if ($row['author_id'] != USER_ID) {
                $user_id_array[] = $row['author_id'];
            }
        }

if (count($user_id_array)) {
            global $cpg_udb;
            $title = $picture[0]['title'] ? $picture[0]['title'] : $picture[0]['filename'];
            $mail_body = "Your picture '$title' has received a new comment. You can see it at " . ' ' . $CONFIG['ecards_more_pic_target'] . (substr($CONFIG["ecards_more_pic_target"], -1) == '/' ? '' : '/') . $redirect;
            $result = cpg_db_query("SELECT ".$cpg_udb->field['email']." AS user_email FROM ".$cpg_udb->usertable." WHERE ".$cpg_udb->field['user_id']." IN (".implode(', ', $user_id_array).")");
            while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) {
                cpg_mail($row['user_email'], $lang_db_input_php['email_comment_subject'], make_clickable($mail_body));
            }
        }

heavensportal

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • The Fantasy Attic
Re: email notification for comments
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 07:27:51 am »

well folks, as mysteriously as it did not want to work I now get notifications for both the comment and the one that previously commented...tested it on my own with test account.

so unless it stops once more tis fixed...on its own

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: email notification for comments
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 12:48:36 pm »

As it seems to be fixed, I don't merge it with the original thread.

Please
tag your answer as "solved" by clicking on the "Topic Solved" button on the bar at the left hand side at the bottom of your thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.