Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update Thumbnails Doesn't Finish?  (Read 2372 times)

BabeandJamie4Ever

• Coppermine regular visitor
Update Thumbnails Doesn't Finish?
« on: April 09, 2012, 06:19:25 pm »

My co-web and I have changed our gallery thumbnails to max aspect from being on exact, and needed to update the thumbnails. She left the admin tools updating thumbnails all night and when she got up, it had frozen in the night on a page, just stopped moving. I did it last night and got up and it was fine, but about a half hour ago it just went to a blank white page before the gallery was finished. Its only making it to about 110,000-150,000 files out of 320,649 lots of thumbs still need to be updated, how do we fix this freezing/timing out from happening?

http://star-kidz.net/imagearchive/

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
Re: Update Thumbnails Doesn't Finish?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 12:42:33 am »

Admin tools >> Update thumbs and/or resized photos >> Number of processed images per click [            ] (Try setting this option lower if you experience timeout problems)

Have you tried something smaller than 100K?

Try 50K - it then will take 7 clicks of the mouse...

BabeandJamie4Ever

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 12:48:21 am »

Thanks will try something lower :) It was set to 25 pictures per click.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 11:07:18 am »

If it stops at a blank page, check the browser's address bar, it will look like
util.php?numpics=25&startpic=110000&albumid=0&autorefresh=1&action=update_thumbs&updatetype=0&form_token=44f260162c3716813c875604d3ddacda&timestamp=1334221371#admin_tool_thumb_update

At first you should go to the config and (temporary) increase the form token life time before your next try.

Then, if it fails again, try a lower value for numpics. If it even fail with the value '1', maybe there's an issue with just one picture, so you could try to skip that picture by manually increasing startpic by 1 (or more, if more than one issue cause that issue).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.