Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CG on SSL site with multiupload - flash-driven  (Read 26875 times)

Hualafree

• Coppermine newbie
CG on SSL site with multiupload - flash-driven
« on: April 03, 2012, 10:07:37 pm »

Hello,

is there any way how to resolve problem with running CG on SSL site with multiupload flash-driven funkcionality? I need for family members this functinality as they will be unable use ftp upload or upload images one by one.
Why is such most basic-elementary functionality broken? Ssl is basic thing for long time... Cant find any valiable solution on forum... even plugin dont offer any alternative for latest version of CG.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
Re: CG on SSL site with multiupload - flash-driven
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 12:57:27 am »

is there any way how to resolve problem with running CG on SSL site with multiupload flash-driven funkcionality?
Maybe there is.

Download the debugger version of Flashplayer here:
http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

See what errors it returns.

And / or

If you need to return here, please follow all of the instructions in the docs' section titled
"Asking for support on upload issues".

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 10:50:29 am »

From the SWFUpload docs:
SSL

There have been some reports that the Flash Player cannot upload through SSL. The issue has not been pinned down but uploading over SSL may be unreliable. There especially seems to be an issue with using self-signed certificates.

Also, SSL tickets from untrusted Certificate Authorities (CA) do not work as Flash does not provide a method for accepting the certificate. It has been noted that, like the cookie bug, that Flash Player on Windows obtains its trusted CA list from Internet Explorer regardless of the browser in use.

I just tested the stock SWFUpload demo and I also get an "Server (IO) Error" when I try to upload files on my testbed using an (self-signed) SSL certificate. So that's probably nothing we can fix.

You should try the JUpload plugin. It also adds a multiupload feature, but I haven't tested if it works with HTTPS connections.

Hualafree

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 11:10:13 am »

unfortunately...jupload isnt working too. Something like cannot open socket...JuploadIOexception...connection refused.
This looks like no go for people wants your gallery with ssl enabled sites. Pity...I like this sw more then your competition like gallery etc.

Maybe solution could be zip fotos in one file and send them through your standart single upload dialog(which is only one working) and CG will simply unzip file and put content into choosen gallery.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.