Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: New pull down menu in phpbb profile and gallery upload  (Read 5574 times)

murphyz

• Coppermine newbie
    • Farmyard Media

As the gallery will be showing photos, my members would like to be able to show what camera they are using.

I had added a new field from the config screen, simply stating Camera Type, which the user could fill in, but this can get tedious and time consuming for a member to type the same information over and over.

Therefore, I would like to provide the following:

phpbb board, user profile, will have a 'Camera Type' field that allows you to insert the name of three cameras that you use and add them to your profile.

update.php in the gallery should have a drop down menu with the cameras that the user put in their profile, listed and available for choice.  This should then show up on the image page in the album along with the other user/file info.

Can anyoine suggest the best way to tackle this?

Cheers

Mxx
« Last Edit: July 01, 2004, 08:43:53 am by GauGau »
Imagination is more important than knowledge ~ A Einstein

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: New pull down menu in phpbb profile and gallery upload
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 06:45:02 pm »

This will need modifications of phpBB code (no experts around for this issue afaik). If you decide to do such a mod, you will always run into trouble if you try to update your coppermine or phpBB install, so I'd rather suggest you use EXIF info instead - most camera manufacturers include this, and it is on the way of being established as standard even in consumer cameras. The only problem lies in pic manipulation software on PCs: some (even very popular) programs drop the EXIF info if you save pics with it. There are workarounds for this issue as well (search this board for "exifer").
For working examples, take a look at http://gaugau.de/galerie/displayimage.php?pos=-6039 (Minolta DiMAGE F200) and http://gaugau.de/galerie/displayimage.php?pos=-6564 (Canon DIGITAL IXUS v3) - scroll down to the bottom (info section) to see the exif data.

GauGau

murphyz

• Coppermine newbie
    • Farmyard Media
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 07:15:34 pm »

Thanks GauGau, this looks perfect. 

I've posted in the hacks/mods forum for exifer to see if there's a working download of the wormie files.

Cheers

Mxx

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 07:19:47 pm »

I noticed that: CPG1.3.0 already comes with EXIF support, no additional hack needed.

GauGau

murphyz

• Coppermine newbie
    • Farmyard Media
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 01:12:38 am »

I never even knew the technology and software existed to get the information from the camera.  I have upgraded the gallery (fantastico script install initially which is why I had an older version) and it all works wonderfully. A few problems at first but I think that's because some files didn't upload properly.

I love the changes made to the upload.php file

Gaugau, thank you for the perfect solution to my query.

Mxx
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.