Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: registration  (Read 4372 times)

bromide

• Coppermine newbie
registration
« on: October 19, 2003, 07:39:15 pm »

is there a way that i can make it so that before a member can sign up i have to activate their account.  or maybe that a user cant register on their own, and i have to create the account for them?  thanks!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
registration
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2003, 08:51:15 pm »

question a) - user registration requires admin approval: not built in!
question b) - user creation by admin: this is the default setting: in coppermine config, turn off user registration and create users with the admin menu item "users".

As your posting doesn't fit into general discussion I'll move it to support (where it belongs). Please make sure you post in the right board next time!

GauGau

@Tarique: look at the "general discussion" board, count the number of "moved" threads. Interessting, eh?

bromide

• Coppermine newbie
registration
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2003, 12:45:00 am »

thanks!

and maybe a suggestion, this may or may not apply, and you can delete/edit this post if you want, but maybe switching catergory locations.  like put the suport forums on top?  and also, put the version number in the little 'powered by..' thing.  i installed this a while ago, and have no idea which version mine is so i wouldnt know which forum to put it in.  this might get more people posting in the correct places.  

anyway, thanks again.

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
registration
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2003, 04:04:19 am »

Quote from: "gaugau"
@Tarique: look at the "general discussion" board, count the number of "moved" threads. Interessting, eh?

Yeah - I guess you were right about not having a general discussion board
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
registration
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2003, 09:05:48 am »

Quote from: "bromide"
thanks!

and maybe a suggestion, this may or may not apply, and you can delete/edit this post if you want, but maybe switching catergory locations.  like put the suport forums on top?  and also, put the version number in the little 'powered by..' thing.  i installed this a while ago, and have no idea which version mine is so i wouldnt know which forum to put it in.  this might get more people posting in the correct places.  

anyway, thanks again.
hm, interessting thought. I'll consider moving the support boards up.
There has been a version number in the "Powered by Coppermine" line in older versions of Coppermine, but it was dropped because several users complained it was their business which version of the software they ran. I suggest we output the version in the admin menu only - OK?

GauGau

bromide

• Coppermine newbie
registration
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2003, 05:14:22 pm »

Quote from: "gaugau"
Quote from: "bromide"
thanks!

anyway, thanks again.
hm, interessting thought. I'll consider moving the support boards up.
There has been a version number in the "Powered by Coppermine" line in older versions of Coppermine, but it was dropped because several users complained it was their business which version of the software they ran. I suggest we output the version in the admin menu only - OK?

GauGau

sounds fair enough :D

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
registration
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2003, 06:53:05 pm »

btw: the version numbers are shown in the config screen in all version from cpg1.2.0 (hehe, just one at the moment).

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.