Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Song directory showing up everywhere  (Read 7742 times)

ML

• Coppermine novice
Song directory showing up everywhere
« on: March 14, 2012, 08:07:27 am »

I need some help.

I uploaded several songs to my song board. Now all of a sudden, ALL of the songs in that album are showing up in EVERY freaking album on my board.

Is there anything I can do about this short of deleting all the songs and starting over? I tried moving the songs to an unused album, but they still showed up in all the other albums. The only album they aren't showing up in is one that is totally empty. But when I moved them there to see what would happen, they still showed up in all the other albums.

All of the songs were uploaded specifically to the songs album.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

http://micksplace.net/coppermine

ML

• Coppermine novice
Re: Song directory showing up everywhere
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 08:16:55 am »

OK. That was just strange.

On a hunch, I removed the keywords to all the songs (same two keywords on all songs) and the songs are no longer in all the other albums.

Why would it do this?

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 09:49:42 am »

I would imagine you have the same keywords assigned to those albums in which the images were showing. 

Please take a look here, http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/keywords.htm#keywords_album

And let us know if this was the cause.
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

ML

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 12:48:03 am »

That was the only album that I tried keywords in to see how it would go. None of the other albums had any sort of keyword.

Apparently it was my name. I went to some of the other files in other albums and inserted my name as a keyword on a random photo or video. I then checked the outcome. Every time, the file with my name as a keyword showed up in every album.

The only thing in the entire program that has that name is my email address. I am not sure why that would cause a file to show up everywhere, but I certainly understand the use of keywords a little better now.

I notice that most of the time when users are having problems, it is of their own doing. I am no different. This is a great program, but it has a lot of stuff in it that needs to be learned in order to operate it in the correct manner. But, whatever problems anyone may incur, in my opinion this is still by far the best program of its type available.

Thanks for the link. I really appreciate your patience as I continue to learn this thing.

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 01:40:00 am »

That was the only album that I tried keywords in to see how it would go. None of the other albums had any sort of keyword.

Apparently it was my name. I went to some of the other files in other albums and inserted my name as a keyword on a random photo or video. I then checked the outcome. Every time, the file with my name as a keyword showed up in every album.

The only thing in the entire program that has that name is my email address. I am not sure why that would cause a file to show up everywhere,

Thanks for the heads up on this.  I'm not sure why it did that either.  I'd like Andre to take a look at this thread, and see if he has a answer.  ;)
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

ML

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 06:37:11 am »

I've come to the conclusion that the problem came from the uploaded file names (several had my name before the title of the song).

Unless you guys can think of something else, I would say this problem is solved.

Thanks for the help.

ML

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 06:43:44 am »

Well that couldn't be right. Even files that do NOT have my name in them go everywhere when I put my name in as a tag.

Could it be coming from the title of the page?

It doesn't matter what I tag them with, mick or micklail, the files go everywhere to all albums.

The whole point is moot now, I am just curious about why it would do this.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 12:01:32 pm »

Please review your album keywords. Could you please post an example, where we can see an image in all albums in your gallery?

ML

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 12:20:18 am »

I apologize, Andre, for not getting back to you on this. I didn't see your question.

It was the way I had the config file set up.

All is good now, or was until just recently. Videos and songs do not want to play in Firefox 13. They are playing just fine in Internet Explorer.

A help request has been posted about this problem.

Again, I apologize for not getting back to you.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 11:44:10 am »

Next time, please
tag your answer as "solved" by clicking on the "Topic Solved" button on the bar at the left hand side at the bottom of your thread.

I've just done that for you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.