Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Easiest Way to Select and Move Files Between Albums  (Read 2424 times)

Enterfrize

• Coppermine newbie
Easiest Way to Select and Move Files Between Albums
« on: March 10, 2012, 10:34:02 pm »

Hello everyone,

I'm using Coppermine 1.5.18 on an IIS 7.5 2008 R2 server.  My Coppermine is bridged with PHPBB 1.0.10 and Joomla 2.5.2.  Everything is running fine!

Our coppermine gallery has grown big, and its directory tree is too complicated for its own good.  I know I can move files one at a time from one album to another, but I can't find a good way to just select the contents of an entire album, and move it to another album.  PHPBB has a feature that if you delete a forum or subforum, you can move its contents to another forum without losing the thread URL.  It would be awesome if Coppermine could do the same.  Right now, if you try to delete an album, it will delete the album and all its contents without any file move options.

Here are my questions:

I. Does Coppermine have an easy way to multiselect files to move them about? (I searched, but no luck finding).
II. Is there a reliable plug-in that would do this?
III. Is there a plug-in that could do what I described above with the gallery and gallery contents that my forum does (RE: PHPBB forum deleting gives the option to move threads to another location).

Thanks in advance,
Enterfrize

Enterfrize

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Easiest Way to Select and Move Files Between Albums
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 12:48:07 am »

To ask the same question in a different way - are there Coppermine organization plug-ins?  Multifile select and being able to move from album to album would be most helpful.

Regards,
Enterfrize

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 11:31:03 am »

Unfortunately there's no interface to select multiple files for moving nor a plugin exists AFAIK. If you want to move all files of an album to another album you should consider to just adjust the album ID directly in the database's pictures table with a simple SQL query like
UPDATE cpg15x_pictures SET aid = 'NEW' WHERE aid = 'OLD'

hoinar

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 07:15:23 am »

... My Coppermine is bridged with PHPBB 1.0.10 and Joomla 2.5.2.
What bridge do you use for coppermine and joomla 2.5 ?

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.