Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: symlink not working  (Read 57999 times)

mrbronz

• Coppermine newbie
symlink not working
« on: March 03, 2012, 07:21:11 pm »

Hi all

If this question has already been asked and answered I Apologies.

I have set up an Apache2 web server on Ubuntu server 11.10 installed and running ISPConfig 3 and setup a site running Coppermine  and very happy :D

However I have read that symlinks can be used to access existing files/portions and directories in commpermine.

I have managed to test the batch add files utility defining a test directory directly in 'albums' this works fine with no problems, however, when switching to a symlink, the link, although it is displayed in the interface, shows only as a file, as does the index.php file.

Have I missed something out?

I would really appropriate pointers help and even better... A solution

Many thanks guys

mrbronz

• Coppermine newbie
Re: symlink not working
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 12:27:38 am »

Hi there

I managed to symlink to a subdir in my website which points to the commermine cpg15x on a separate partition, all is cool!
I can upload using ftp and using the batch add until I can add files to my album. I can confirm the files are going on to my external USB drive.

When I attempt to upload files via coppermines flash, or simple upload, i am getting 'Impossible to move a_file.jpg to albums/userpics/10005/!' error

To the best of my knowledge, I have followed the support teams instructions set-out http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/upload_troubleshooting.htm,  by setting each dir (/albums, /albums/userpics, and /albums/edit) with chmod 777

I have, as suggested set up a tester account username and password tester. url http://foto.zapto.org/photos/index.php

I thank you in anticipation for any help or pointers you can give

Kind regards

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 02:47:32 pm »

Is that issue related to the symlink? If so, try if it works with a 'regular' setup. If not, have a look at our docs: http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/upload_troubleshooting.htm#upload_error_messages_cant_move_detail

mrbronz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 03:10:03 pm »

Hi Andre

No i set up 2 separate sites... the first I had problem with the link not working, I places a link inside the albums dir and pointed it to my external drive. However when I go to the batch add utility it shows the link as a file and not as a dir so I can not navigate it...

So I had a flash of inspiration and created a new site and from within the /web dir created a link which pointed to my external drive where coppermine sits in a dir all of its own... this works fine for batch uploads but gives the error explained above.

I would love to resolve one or the other of these problems so that I can continue

thanks for the reply

Kind regards

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 03:20:36 pm »

Way too little information to give you concrete help. I don't know your server setup, I don't know the paths and I still don't know which folder you symlinked. I guess it's not the userpics folder, so your 'unable to move' issue isn't related to the symlink, at least for the first setup.

Suggestion: instead of symlinks you may consider to use bind mounts, or directly mount your external drive into Coppermine's albums directory.

Does the flash uploader and/or the single HTML upload form works as expected in your first setup? If so, your temp directory setting seems to be correct.

mrbronz

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Re: symlink not working
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 03:21:47 pm »

have a look at our docs: http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/upload_troubleshooting.htm#upload_error_messages_cant_move_detail

Sorry Andre

I have already been over the doc that you so kindly pointed out... still no go!

mrbronz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 04:07:11 pm »

Hi Andre

What a stroke of genus...

I never even thought of creating the mount point directly in the albums folder...

Thank you

All working fine with original set-up

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 04:10:55 pm »

Please don't forget to
tag your answer as "solved" by clicking on the "Topic Solved" button on the bar at the left hand side at the bottom of your thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.