Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Admin Tools - Update/Resize Thumbs - Not Working  (Read 5290 times)

fh87

• Coppermine newbie
Admin Tools - Update/Resize Thumbs - Not Working
« on: March 02, 2012, 01:45:42 pm »

any option i try perform under update/resize thumbs does not seem to be working.  I have lowered the number of processed images to 1.  The browser page loads as blank with a status of done.

I have checked error logs on the server and coppermine logs and can see no indication of anything being wrong, yet still no joy.

All other sections of the admin tools seem to be working correctly

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Admin Tools - Update/Resize Thumbs - Not Working
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 01:49:23 pm »

Works for me as expected. Please post a link to your gallery. What's your selection for "Select Album"?

fh87

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 01:59:05 pm »

http://photos.darkdescentguild.com

i have tried selection of all albums and of an individual album

Gallery is not open to public viewing or registraion.  Username/password test have been made.  All intermediate pictures are missing under the one album on display

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 02:05:09 pm »

All intermediate pictures are missing under the one album on display

Just for clarification: if you upload new images to your gallery now, does Coppermine create the thumbnails and (if needed) intermediate sized images?

fh87

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 02:09:42 pm »

have just uploaded a file and everything displays correctly including the intermediate file

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 02:16:44 pm »

Please delete the thumbnail for that newly uploaded file via FTP and try to re-create it with the admin tools. Maybe it's an permission issue for already existing files. Furthermore you could try to check what happens when you uncheck "Auto refresh (no need to click continue button anymore)".

fh87

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 02:28:12 pm »

All thumbnails succesfully updated. This worked with auto refresh on and off and 10 files processed at a time

Tried only resized pictures with auto refresh off yet still browser returned blank page with the status of done

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 02:42:13 pm »

browser returned blank page with the status of done
Are you talking about a complete blank page, or about a Coppermine page without any further information than something like "everything done"? Maybe that was a misunderstanding in the first place.

I'm confused:
any option i try perform under update/resize thumbs does not seem to be working.
All thumbnails succesfully updated. This worked with auto refresh on and off and 10 files processed at a time
So the thumbnail option works now, although it hasn't worked before?

fh87

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Re: Admin Tools - Update/Resize Thumbs - Not Working
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 02:53:04 pm »

Are you talking about a complete blank page, or about a Coppermine page without any further information than something like "everything done"? Maybe that was a misunderstanding in the first place.

it displays a complete blank page that has completed loading, not a coppermine page.  Refreshing does nothing

I'm confused:So the thumbnail option works now, although it hasn't worked before?

As for the thumbnail option.  I swear it was not working before and i have gone back through the list to see which ones do and don't work.  It is only options to do with resized pictures that are not working.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 03:04:05 pm »

Almost all options contain the resized pictures. Depending on your gallery configuration, the option "Just full sized (if an original copy is available)" may not apply, as there are no watermark backup files. If that's the case, it's probably a limitation issue (PHP memory_limit), but then you should also have problems to add those images to your gallery in the first place. Weird.

To check if it's really the PHP memory limit, please do the following:
1. Create a new album
2. Upload one very small image to that album (e.g. an image with the size of your thumbnails)
3. Run the admin tools on that album and check which options work

fh87

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 03:22:47 pm »

I did as you said and all operations can be carried out.  One thing I did notice was that when trying to update resized only pictures that the operation completes but no files are listed.  I tried to then delete the intermediate pictures and received the following.

Deleting intermediate images, please wait...
The file albums/userpics/10001/normal_1131.jpg was not found
The file albums/userpics/10001/normal_1132.jpg was not found

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 03:43:12 pm »

Intermediate-sized files will just be created if your full-sized picture exceeds the limits set in the config. That may be the reason why those pictures won't be updated or you get a message that they don't exist.

Your result tells us, that you run into server limitations. Ask your hosting provider to increase PHP's memory limit if you're not allowed to do that yourself.

fh87

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 04:04:50 pm »

The Memory limit is set to 128mb.  I have requested an increase, i do not know how much they will allow.  what kind of limit should i be looking at

and thankyou for your help  :)

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 04:12:59 pm »

It's the memory_limit value.

fh87

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 04:15:07 pm »

The Memory limit is set to 128mb.  I have requested an increase, i do not know how much they will allow.  what kind of limit should i be looking at

and thankyou for your help  :)

My Hosting company say that 128mb is the default and that they will not increase this.  Is there anything i can do.  I thought processing of one file at a time would be fine as when my origional files were uploaded their intermediate files were processed fine

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 04:26:27 pm »

As we just get a blank page we unfortunately don't know what really happens. I haven't looked at the code, but maybe the code for adding pictures is "better" than the code used in the admin tools. I've currently no time to investigate that issue further (probably until next week). In the meantime you could check with different image dimensions when the admin tools work and from which dimension it starts to fail.

What are your settings for
- Use dimension (width or height or max aspect for an intermediate picture)*
- Max width or height of an intermediate picture *
- Max width or height for uploaded pictures
- Auto resize images that are larger than max width or height
- Watermark images
- Which files to watermark
?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.