Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installation - Corrupt file  (Read 7025 times)

heatherquick

• Coppermine newbie
Installation - Corrupt file
« on: March 01, 2012, 07:16:10 pm »

Hello,

My gallery was hacked twice in three days and today again, when I tried to install it again (version 1.5.18), I get the message: File may be corrupt (or you have deliberately edited it).    

The version was 1.5.16. I've tried four times, with different computers and I get the same message everytime. I tried a fresh install and the message still appears.

Any help with this will be appreciated

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

heatherquick

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Re: Installation - Corrupt file
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 02:30:48 pm »

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,70158.msg343511.html#msg343511

Thanks, but, as I said, I've tried four times. Three times with Transmit (MAC) and once with FileZilla (Windows), and got this message everytime.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Installation - Corrupt file
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 02:47:35 pm »

Depending how your server is configured / how you uploaded the files to your server the md5 hash of the files differs.
Means: it may be normal what you notice, as (at least this is my experience) files get touched when you upload them via FTP. If you extract the package directly on the server the check shouldn't return those messages. If you just uploaded the files to your server you can ignore that messages and skip to the next step.

heatherquick

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Re: Installation - Corrupt file
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 02:30:12 pm »

Means: it may be normal what you notice, as (at least this is my experience) files get touched when you upload them via FTP. If you extract the package directly on the server the check shouldn't return those messages. If you just uploaded the files to your server you can ignore that messages and skip to the next step.

That's what I did, I ignored the messages and skipped to the next step, but the message was still there. What could I do then?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Installation - Corrupt file
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 03:20:50 pm »

AFAIK the versioncheck is just executed once. If you skip that step, it shouldn't be displayed during the rest of the installer. Please attach a screenshot of the message.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.