Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does it need to be same DB as forum, or different?  (Read 5445 times)

MIRYO

• Coppermine newbie
Does it need to be same DB as forum, or different?
« on: March 05, 2012, 09:24:13 pm »

When I install coppermine, can I use a new database, or does it have to use the same database as my forum?

If I can set it up in it's own database, then will I need to create this database manually, or will the installation script do it?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Does it need to be same DB as forum, or different?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 05:02:20 pm »

When I install coppermine, can I use a new database, or does it have to use the same database as my forum?
You don't need to use the same database, but it's recommended to do so to avoid permission issues. If you know your way around with MySQL user permissions you can of course use a different database. Maybe it's also possible to use different databases with the default permission settings, depends on your server configuration.

If I can set it up in it's own database, then will I need to create this database manually, or will the installation script do it?
Depends also on your MySQL server setup. If the user isn't allowed to create new databases, the Coppermine installer also can't create it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 20 queries.