Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installation - permissions error  (Read 5310 times)

WilliamD

• Coppermine newbie
Installation - permissions error
« on: February 27, 2012, 07:17:18 pm »

This must have appeared before, but I cannot find it in the Forum - and it seems so basic, but I get this error:
"A file permissions error has occurred. Please check the permissions on the script and the directory it is in and try again."

I read the documentation manual and it says " Set permissions on the "albums" and "include" folders in your Coppermine directory...to 755 (or 777, depending on your server config). "  No mention here of "albums/userpics", and "albums/edit" directories which are listed in README.txt.

However, I have tried them all at 777 and at 755, but get the same error message.

What am I doing wrong?

If one of the Coppermine techno whizzs reads this, it is worth considering doing what some other PHP developers do and that is having 'Set Permissions' as a 'button' as part of the install process.  It sure makes life easier for mutts like me!

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
Re: Installation - permissions error
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 12:18:17 am »

If your are installing as instructed in your doc. package, then:

Only one file is written to the include directory - config.inc.php
        - Check to see if a copy of that file is already on the server
             - normally install.php would return a message if it found the file
        - Double check
             - the permissions settings with a second reference
                 - use a good ftp app (Filezilla is my choice)
             - the unzip and upload process for file / folder integrity on the server

If you are using an automatic installer, please do the installation as instructed in the doc. package.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Installation - permissions error
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 02:11:09 pm »

"A file permissions error has occurred. Please check the permissions on the script and the directory it is in and try again."
That's no Coppermine error message, but probably an error message from your web server. Seems that it is set up very strictly. I guess you were never able to start the installer, but always see just that screen? Help us to help you by describing what exactly happens, what works and what doesn't work.

If one of the Coppermine techno whizzs reads this, it is worth considering doing what some other PHP developers do and that is having 'Set Permissions' as a 'button' as part of the install process.  It sure makes life easier for mutts like me!
If life would be that easy... ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.