Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: J!2.5 Bridge  (Read 13362 times)

olaeblue

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
J!2.5 Bridge
« on: February 27, 2012, 06:31:44 pm »

File removed as the code has now stopped working with the PHP 5.4.8.

As a 'fiddler' not a coder I don't know how I'll fix this.  I suspect I need to find some debugging mode and step through the code but have no idea how to do this.  If anyone has any advice on how to debug PHP and wants this bridge fixed then please give me some advice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noting my warning about how I got this to work http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,74309.msg358260.html#msg358260.  This works with CPG1.5.18 and J!2.5.1.

If anyone can 'improve' it great but it is a starter.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 09:29:53 am by olaeblue »

cscj01

• Coppermine newbie
Re: J!2.5 Bridge
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 04:58:21 pm »

I downloaded your tweak to the bridge joomla17-cpg15.zip.

When I try to install the component com_coppermine17.zip in Joomla 2.5 using Extension Manager, I get the following message:
Code: [Select]
A first level menu item alias cannot be 'coppermine' because 'coppermine' is a sub-folder of your joomla installation folder.
Error building Admin Menus
Component Install: DB function reports no errors

I am completely new to Joomla and Coppermine and I am using Medhi's instructions on his website.  Unfortunately, this is failing on the first step.

My Coppermine is installed in a folder called coppermine under public_html.  What am I doing wrong?

olaeblue

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 09:11:44 pm »

I don't think the com_coppermine component actually does anything.  Bridge works fine without it anyway

cscj01

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 11:14:21 pm »

I get the following message when trying to navigate to my Coppermine app:
Code: [Select]
Cannot find "com_coppermine" component .
Seems you need to install it first.

nwf

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 03:34:13 am »

Any progress on this? I'd like to at least take a look at whatever script you had.

olaeblue

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 08:41:20 pm »

Sorry, I got this working in 2.5 and never reposted my fix; probably because I was embarrassed :D :D

The issue I had was actually that I had different php versions for Joomla & Coppermine.  Same version, no problems DOH!!! :-[ :-[

So attached is the php script I have in my bridge folder of Coppermine working with Joomla 2.5.8.  Not yet played with Joomla 3 so if anyone feeling brave ....

The other files in the original post (com_coppermine etc) are not mine but date back to the original bridge.   I have never modified them so can't provide any advice, I just installed com_coppermine via Joomla Extension manager and published it.  Nothing else.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 10:52:05 pm »

Looks really good and seems to work as expected. Well done.

As for Joomla 3.0 there are a number of big changes so I think it will be quite a task to update this bridge. On the plus side the libraries have changed from moo to jQuery so there should be less compatibility problems with CPG. If anyone fancies taking on the task or even creating a new one please bear in mind that Joomla 3.0 is only a short term release version so in a few months time it will probably need updating again.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

olaeblue

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 08:35:11 am »

I suspect it will be beyond my skills.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.