Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Verify Ip adress  (Read 10173 times)

tortech

• Coppermine novice
Verify Ip adress
« on: February 25, 2012, 07:12:54 pm »

Is new user has saved in database: login, password and IP adress.
Is it possible to verify adress durring logging for each user.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Verify Ip adress
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 02:24:40 pm »

What exactly do you mean with "verify"? Do you want to compare the current IP address with the IP stored in the database and reject the login if it doesn't match?

tortech

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 09:54:13 am »

I would like to offer my gallery to two kinds of clients. One - individual person, another: school, university etc.
In second case it is necessary to compare: login, password and IP address. It is not necessary to reject login from database if IP address does not match. In this situation client has never got connection to database. Coppermine Programme must save IP address during the client's first logging.
It is very useful to have two versions of Coppermine Gallery: normal and stronger (stronger means stronger conditions during logging).

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 11:03:17 am »

Sorry, but you contradict yourself, but it's maybe just a matter of terminology:
it is necessary to compare: login, password and IP address
It is not necessary to reject login from database if IP address does not match

"Login" is for me the process of "log in to the system" (means, entering username and password of an already existing account).
"Register" is for me the process of creating a new account.

So what I understand is that you want to compare during login: username AND password AND IP address.

I would like to offer my gallery to two kinds of clients. One - individual person, another: school, university etc.
Do you want to offer the same gallery to those different kinds? If so, how do you determine if a person or school currently tries to login (and thus take the IP address into account)?

tortech

• Coppermine novice
Re: Re: Verify Ip adress
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 05:56:17 pm »

Sorry, but you contradict yourself, but it's maybe just a matter of terminology:
"Login" is for me the process of "log in to the system" (means, entering username and password of an already existing account).

So what I understand is that you want to compare during login: username AND password AND IP address.

Do you want to offer the same gallery to those different kinds? If so, how do you determine if a person or school currently tries to login (and thus take the IP address into account)?

tortech

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 06:09:07 pm »

Than you for answer
Now I would like to offer my gallery to school, university etc.
I want to compare during login: username AND password AND IP address (or other information for example number of computer)
In first logging school has got: username AND password. In this moment program reads Ip address and save it into database.
In next loggings program must compare: username AND password AND IP address
Is this problem solved im Coppermine Gallery.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 02:33:48 pm »

In first logging school has got: username AND password. In this moment program reads Ip address and save it into database.

IMHO it's better to read the IP address during registration, or do you have new registrations disabled and create the user accounts manually?

tortech

• Coppermine novice
Re: Re: Re: Verify Ip adress
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 07:55:30 am »

It is better to store cookies in Copermine database nad compare it durringo logging?

IMHO it's better to read the IP address during registration, or do you have new registrations disabled and create the user accounts manually?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 10:06:17 am »

Do you need help or not? Why don't you just answer my question? How do your visitors get an account for your gallery? Do they register themselves in your gallery or do you (as admin) create the user account for your visitors?

store cookies in Copermine database
FYI, cookies aren't stored at the server: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie

tortech

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 04:41:42 pm »

These two parameters: Ip adress and cookies are not so good to protect my database.
Now J give permission only fo 31 days for all users in my database. J (as admin) create manually the user accont for all visitors.
J' m looking for script in PHP. Script must change parameter Registered when time 31 days was end.
Every day J must run this script inside database My SQL.
May be someone knows how to solve this problem.

Do you need help or not? Why don't you just answer my question? How do your visitors get an account for your gallery? Do they register themselves in your gallery or do you (as admin) create the user account for your visitors?

FYI, cookies aren't stored at the server: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 10:34:27 am »

These two parameters: Ip adress and cookies are not so good to protect my database.
Sorry I don't understand what that should mean. Do you want to want to compare the IP address during login or not?

Now J give permission only fo 31 days for all users in my database. J (as admin) create manually the user accont for all visitors.
J' m looking for script in PHP. Script must change parameter Registered when time 31 days was end.
Every day J must run this script inside database My SQL.
May be someone knows how to solve this problem.
10. One question per thread
We have a strict "One question/issue per thread rule", which helps both supporters/moderators to keep track of open/closed issues as well as users who search the board or browse it, looking for answers to their question.

tortech

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 12:22:55 pm »

J changed my mind. J dont compare IP address during login.
Now it is important for me to allow user to view my gallery only for 31 days of first login.
What can J do?

Sorry I don't understand what that should mean. Do you want to want to compare the IP address during login or not?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 01:24:16 pm »

Please start a new thread for your new question.

tortech

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 01:35:39 pm »

In this thread J would ask about id session. Is this parameter stored in Copermine database?

J changed my mind. J dont compare IP address during login.
Now it is important for me to allow user to view my gallery only for 31 days of first login.
What can J do?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 01:52:04 pm »

In this thread J would ask about id session.
How is this related to the topic "verify IP adress"?

Please start a new thread for your new question.

Locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.