Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Howto update gallery with updated folder content  (Read 2055 times)

Filly

• Coppermine newbie
Howto update gallery with updated folder content
« on: February 24, 2012, 05:46:53 pm »

As per title. I have a load of folders I regulary drop new files into in Windows Explorer. I use a locally running copy of CPG. How can I have CPG add the files to the gallery? Ive tried Mass Import in the past, but that doesnt skip over files that are already in the gallery.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Howto update gallery with updated folder content
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 03:31:42 pm »

Unfortunately you have to use the batch-add option on each folder separately. Coppermine automatically detects which images aren't in the gallery yet. Alternatively you could try to modify the Mass Import plugin to skip already existing files (ideally you should share your updated plugin code if it works as expected).

Filly

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 10:31:29 pm »

I have tried this, but on using batch-add all files in the folder get selected in the interface. Should I just move on with the import? (Will it skip after importing?)

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 11:26:13 am »

on using batch-add all files in the folder get selected in the interface
I assume you're not using the latest Coppermine release. Please post a link to your gallery.

Filly

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 07:27:18 pm »

I have tried this, and it indeed skips the existing images. For now this solution will do. (Posting a link to a local gallery won't work, I'm afraid.) Thanks so far.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.