Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: User Galleries  (Read 3074 times)

moombaToo

• Coppermine newbie
User Galleries
« on: February 05, 2012, 11:29:51 pm »

Hi,

I'm running 1.5.18. Is there anyway for me to create "User galleries" for all of my users(I'm using bridged mode with smf)? I've recently migrated and don't want to ask all my users to create there own galleries. I would rather create their personal galleries and then add their personal pictures from the old gallery I was using.

Any help is much appreciated thanks!

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
Re: User Galleries
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 11:38:29 pm »

They would already have their own galleries, providing you have the permissions set correctly.  They should see a "My Gallery" link on the main menu.

Their galleries wont have any albums in them though, so they will need to create those as needed.
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

moombaToo

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Re: User Galleries
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 11:41:26 pm »

They would already have their own galleries, providing you have the permissions set correctly.  They should see a "My Gallery" link on the main menu.

Their galleries wont have any albums in them though, so they will need to create those as needed.

Thanks.

that's what I mean, I need an album to transfer all the pictures too.  Anyway to populate that for every user?

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 11:49:36 pm »

OK, I understand what you mean now.  Not sure if this is possible, but hopefully Andre might be able to shed some light on this one.

Can I ask what you migrated from please?
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

moombaToo

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Re: User Galleries
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 02:48:09 am »

Can I ask what you migrated from please?

Thanks.

SMF Media Gallery.

moombaToo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 09:02:35 pm »

No one else has ran into this issue?  I've gotten dozens of users who need there personal galleries transferred into our new coppermine gallery. I would like to create their user gallery and copy the pictures into their new personal gallery. I really really don't want to ask my users to create a gallery themselves.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 03:54:14 pm »

Depending on how much user albums you need to create the easier way would be to do that manually in the database, or create a script that reads all your users and add an album for each one in the Coppermine database.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.