Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: title & description missing from upload page  (Read 3875 times)

mark_rh

• Coppermine newbie
title & description missing from upload page
« on: February 22, 2012, 06:17:11 pm »

Hi,

We have just updated a couple of our galleries to v1.5.18 from the old v1.4.x series but have run into a small problem with the file upload page. Basically we don't allow new user registrations but we do allow Anonymous/Guest uploads. Anonymous uploading works fine but for some reason the boxes where you would enter the picture's title, description, etc. are not visible to Guests ? (They are visible if I'm logged in to my admin account)

I looked trough the documentation but can't find any relevant settings to change.

Any help world be appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: title & description missing from upload page
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 02:06:31 pm »

I guess you're talking about the simple upload page? Please post a link to your gallery.

mark_rh

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 04:12:19 pm »

It's actually both the simple and the flash upload pages but only when you're not logged in with the admin account ?

Here's a link to one of the galleries ...
  http://www.oldcuriosityshop.net/draculas-mirror/

mark_rh

• Coppermine newbie
SOLVED: title & description missing from upload page
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 04:16:52 pm »

After looking through upload.php I worked out what was causing the problem.

It appears that display of the title/description boxes is governed by a setting named "allow_guests_enter_file_details" and this was set to "0" on both of our upgraded galleries. As I couldn't find anywhere to change this from the admin interface I tried manually updating the config table and it worked.

Code: [Select]
UPDATE cpgprefix_config
 SET `value` = '1'
 WHERE `name` = 'allow_guests_enter_file_details';

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 01:41:12 pm »

From the docs:
If you allow guests to upload files to your gallery, they won't be able to add file details. This feature has been disabled as it's not possible to identify the user without fail (see thread). Additionally it may attract spammers to add textual content to your gallery. If you want to enable that feature anyway, find Coppermine's configuration table in the database and change the value of allow_guests_enter_file_details to '1'.

Thanks for resolving your thread. You can mark your thread as solved in our board by
clicking on the "Topic Solved" button on the bar at the left hand side at the bottom of your thread.

I've just done that for you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.